Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My VZ Executive

RichoVZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 VZ Executive
okay, its not the most impressive VZ, or heck, holden out there. everything in her is stock standard at the moment.

got her for $18,110 drive away from a Ford dealer (yes i know but couldnt find a better deal elsewhere), it had 42,000km on the clock, and all this i got from a loan of the NAB bank.

here the story of the two days, we went into the ford dealer first and looked around, we saw a bunch of VZ's and a couple VY's and a VX, the VZ's were pretty much the same, only difference was colour. the VY's were a bit cheaper with more km's and the VX was alot cheaper with more km's.

the salesman came and talked to me and dad about all the cars, he said to take the VZ (the one i have now) for a test drive. so i took her for a drive down the street and around a roundabout and back. after that he asked what kind of car i was looking for, i said an S Pack, and both dad and the salesman advised against it due to high insurance costs and etc.

we left the yard saying we will have a look at other sale yards to see what else is around. we went to a holden yard next door and they had nothing, too expensive everything was. we visited a couple other yards and the only other thing which caught my eye was a VX Executive but with an SS bodykit and rims, but after a little word to my dad we decided against it.

we went back to the ford dealer, and i couldnt decided between the cheaper but more km's VX or the dearer less km's VZ. i told him id think about it over the weekend and ring him monday morning with my decision.

later that saturday during cricket, i was thinking and thinking and i kept looking at my best mates VX SS and you would think id go back to the yard to get the VX Executive with the SS bodykit to match him looks wise, but no. i decided there and then, VZ, VZ, VZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so monday i rang up at work, ill take that VZ, he said good choice, i got the details and called the bank to confirm the amount, and got the loan set-up.

two weeks later i went back up, my sister-in-law drove me up. we got there and they said my salesman was out at the moment and to come back in halfa. came back in halfa and told my sister to just go. i got there around 12:30. hours ticked away and stress and frustration started flooding, the salesman let me know not too long now, as he had to take it down to the RTA to get the rego swapped and everything sorted. 4:30 comes and i am driving out of the dealership with my new VZ. and the entire time driving it that day i just couldnt let it sink in that this is my car. i went to the insurance company, had a little joke round there with them (about getting a cheesecake in celebration lol) and i came home to show it off.

funny story to some, well its funny to me, at first my gf at the time (now ex) said it was a crap car until she drove it and fell in love with it. but then the next day i dumped her gold-digging cheating a$$!!! so haha she doesnt get my VZ anymore

it gets called a family car, old man car etc by my brothers, but i sense jealously.

so to change it my first mods are going to be rims, spoiler, and then start to work on my in-car entertainment or stereo system.

anyway enough yapping, here she is

Attachments

• back angle.jpg
    back angle.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 331
  • front angle.jpg
    front angle.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 321
  • front.jpg
    front.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 321
  • interior.jpg
    interior.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 470

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
The VZ - great car IMO. Brakes are soo good for a standard set up. cheap to run.

You'll be very happy with it I think. AND it's NOT a white one:thumbsup:

RichoVZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 VZ Executive
The VZ - great car IMO. Brakes are soo good for a standard set up. cheap to run.

You'll be very happy with it I think. AND it's NOT a white one:thumbsup:

oh i am very very happy with it! oh funny thing, there was a white one, red one and the one i have, and my dad was pushing for the red one because it will go faster haha but both the salesman and me and my dad admitted the white one was just too old looking n plain, and the colour i got it a very nice colour. oh i forgot to mention, its the 04 model

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
The wife has the white VZ which is a Sep 05 (48,800kms when I got it). 1 trip to Canberra and it's already @52,000. Got 37mpg at 1 point on the Hay plain. and about 33mpg over all. Lots of power if needed. The wife loves it.

I'll stick to my VN V8.

TELF SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS
"okay, its not the most impressive VZ, or heck, holden out there. everything in her is stock standard at the moment."

mate it may be stock but you have a great base to start from
its better to start out from a solid base and build a great machine than to try and get something out of nothing also the $$$$ you will save not having to fix up other problems first

we all started out like yourself all the best on the mods in the future it wont take much to make it look like a beast then the family will be jealous

cheers
kim

barbs

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Monaro CV8
nice car, and dont worry about the family car, old mans car, comments i had a VY II Calais with grampa weathersheilds, my mates always let me have it.

nice story too, your more have more patience than me when it comes to cars... i bought my monaro as an impluse buy on the way to the shops one day...

RichoVZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 VZ Executive
nice car, and dont worry about the family car, old mans car, comments i had a VY II Calais with grampa weathersheilds, my mates always let me have it.

nice story too, your more have more patience than me when it comes to cars... i bought my monaro as an impluse buy on the way to the shops one day...

i checked out your monaro! bloody impressive!!! i woulda loved to find a CV6 just so i could drive an monaro. thanks for the comments also. wow on a impulse also, thats pretty crazy, its like, oh yeah i might go to the shop and pick up some bread, and you come back with bread and a bloody monaro haha sounds priceless

DUK13Y

When in doubt, slide it out
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VEII SSV, VYII Berlina, '97 Lancer
i checked out your monaro! bloody impressive!!! i woulda loved to find a CV6 just so i could drive an monaro.

If your going to get a monaro... get the 8. Stay away from the 6.

Nice car btw. I am getting my folk's VYII Berlina when i get my P's:w00t:. Let me know how the VZ goes.

RichoVZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 VZ Executive
If your going to get a monaro... get the 8. Stay away from the 6.

Nice car btw. I am getting my folk's VYII Berlina when i get my P's:w00t:. Let me know how the VZ goes.

it was only gunna be a 6 cos i want a monaro and i cant legally drive a 8 yet lol but of course, if your going to get a monaro, it has to be a V8 of course, power mate!!

VY Berlina, very nice, sounds good

barbs

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Monaro CV8
i checked out your monaro! bloody impressive!!! i woulda loved to find a CV6 just so i could drive an monaro. thanks for the comments also. wow on a impulse also, thats pretty crazy, its like, oh yeah i might go to the shop and pick up some bread, and you come back with bread and a bloody monaro haha sounds priceless

haha yea your close i was sent out to pick up some parts for work and yea came back saying i need to take the rest of the arvo off, boss wasnt too impressed but was fine with it, as long as i took some of the guys for a test drive haha

telling the folks on the other hand that your picking up a monaro the next day, now that was fun.

Trust me if your going to buy a monaro it has to be an 8, its just worth the insurance.

what type of sound system are you looking at for your car???

if your interested i do have 2x 12s in a box and an amp and a amp kit from the calais laying around :whistling, and they wont go in the monaro, but postage might be a pain in the ass....

Last edited: