Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My VZ Executive

RichoVZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 VZ Executive
haha yea your close i was sent out to pick up some parts for work and yea came back saying i need to take the rest of the arvo off, boss wasnt too impressed but was fine with it, as long as i took some of the guys for a test drive haha

telling the folks on the other hand that your picking up a monaro the next day, now that was fun.

Trust me if your going to buy a monaro it has to be an 8, its just worth the insurance.

what type of sound system are you looking at for your car???

if your interested i do have 2x 12s in a box and an amp and a amp kit from the calais laying around :whistling, and they wont go in the monaro, but postage might be a pain in the ass....

as for sound system, id love to build an rockford fosgate branded system

what brand is the subs and amps? how much you want? but i might hold off a little bit because it might be better to upgrade my speakers and that first before i go chucking subs and amps. but just interested in brand and price

barbs

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Monaro CV8
as for sound system, id love to build an rockford fosgate branded system

what brand is the subs and amps? how much you want? but i might hold off a little bit because it might be better to upgrade my speakers and that first before i go chucking subs and amps. but just interested in brand and price

in my opinion - work out what you want and a budget, nothing worse than getting something you dont exactly want and then replacing it later on with what you wanted first up

well the only rockford stuff i have left is the amp wiring kit, as i left the rockford power series splits and power six inchers in the old car - sorry haha
the subs are JL w3v2s
the amp is response 4x130wrms - after blowing my old amp i bought this and wish i had of got it first, cheaper and better

ill PM you more details when i get a chance,

im not in any rush they are just sitting at home, but like i said if its a pain in the ass to post them or something ill just put them up on ebay or something

Aggro_VE

The Overseer
Reaction score
Members Ride
A lazy VE
mate it may be stock but you have a great base to start from
its better to start out from a solid base and build a great machine than to try and get something out of nothing also the $$$$ you will save not having to fix up other problems first

we all started out like yourself all the best on the mods in the future it wont take much to make it look like a beast then the family will be jealous

Couldn't have said that any better :D Treat her well and she will return the favour, thanks for sharing ya story Richo, who doesn't love a happy ending :yeah:

Law84

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ Executive 3.6L V6
Congratulations

I bought my 2005 VZ Exec on the 31/12/07 and she's done only 27000km, love her to bits! Drives like new.

Only initial problem was the front passenger door actuator. Brought it to Holden Dealer Service and fixed under warranty. Can't fault her now.

Congrats mate!

winired

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz Executive
thats funny law 84
when i was looking at my car the salesman opens the door to show me inside and the door nob just sprang off and landed about 5meters away.
but hey RICHOVZ
i think you got a good car there mate
i think these execs if looked after will have a good long life in them

Summer-Sickness

2005 VZ EXEC
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
05 VZ Executive
yeh as mentioned great starting point! this is what i want for my second car, all it will take to get that car lookin beasty is some 18s n superlows/ultra lows... then she'll look sweeeeeet! then u can worry bout all the other stuff further down the track. good luck with her!

RichoVZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 VZ Executive
oh guys i have a really interesting story leading up to the VZ....

i was on carsales.com browsing when i saw a VU Storm ute, done around 170,000km, selling for about $16,000. it was impluse blue, hard lid, spolier, bodykit, automatic. i reckon she was awesome, so i emailed the dealer, asked about a loan, and he rang me the next day and we done a loan application. i was approved and we were getting things finalised, only one problem, i didnt tell my dad about it. i talked to dad and he wasnt too pleased and he suggested a smaller, cheaper, less km car. so i rang up the dealer and told him and he wasnt too happy but it was the right choice.

now i was browsing carsales again and found a 97' hyundai coupe, 78,000km for about $9,000. dad was happy for it, it was everything he asked for and what not. so i am talking to the finance man where i was doing the loan (down in geelong) and he sent me down papers and that and i had to take it into my local bank and just get it all signed and the loan was approved and they would send the car down on a truck.

now we were reviewing the loan in the bank with the manager, and we came across a few sketchy things. here was the loan,

$9750.00 car

$154.02 loan cover
$125.00 application fee
$880.00 brokage
$2405.00 insurance
$999.00 GAP (?????, the local bank manager never heard of GAP)
$640.00 transport
$995 warranty

so for the $9000 car, it was going to cost me $15948, some of them things were unavoidable. but now lets look at the holden executive loan

$17990 car
$650 rego
$540 stamp duty
$1104 insurance

so i saved around $4000, $5000 worth of extra (everything excluding the car).

what was weird was i saved over $1000 on the insurance, and this GAP was around $1000 which she never heard of.

so we rang the finance company where i was getting the crappy loan from, and i told him we will think about it during the week. the woman at the local bank gave me a few things to think about, like going local, actually go to car yards with dad, and talk to my older brother (he is an accountant).

now i missed a part which pretty much saved my wallet. the bank lady told me to go for a 15min walk to clear my head and have a think. so i went for a walk and i was walking back and my accounting brother rang up telling me to go to his work and i said i cant im going back to the bank. so i am back at the bank, and the woman called my brother during my clearing walk, thats why he rang me. she rang me to come down and within 5mins he was walking through the door. so with the help of him and her, we cancelled the loan. and the finance company kept trying to ring and i gave my brother the phone number, he rang the guy up and he must of blasted him because i never heard back.

lets say after the entire ordeal, it was the best decision to cancel the ricer loan. it was pretty stressful but we done the right thing. with thanks to the bank lady, and my brother.

its pretty long and might be hard to read and understand but its a story leading to the VZ

RichoVZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 VZ Executive
what stereo should i get for my car? i was thinking of getting one of them 7" double-din touchscreen DVD/TV/MP3 players of ebay for $300? Or I was thinking of getting a single-din alpine mp3 player?

the only thing about the single din, I am a guy that does car about the look of his car, both in and out, and i have a feeling the single-din may look odd or out-of-place with the gap (of course if i get a single-din, id get a pocket).

what do you guys think? Anyone got pics of VZ's with single din players and after-market double din units?

Turd Ferguson

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Disco
good choice with the VZ. better engine MY VP can beat my mates VX and the VZ is nicer imo.

If i were you, id debage the executive bit, or even the whole car. makes it look clean