Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My VZ SS MY06

WazzaVN

Wazza VN
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 6ltr ute, VP Calais and HJ Prem
Car looks awesome. How much does your work charge for spraying a car? Just closed door in acryllic?

We don't do cars unless we have no work. We have been as busy as a cucumber in a nunnery with these cootes trucks.

corhijasna

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ss commodore / WM Caprice V
If it's a bit faded might be good to start those panels off with some cutting compound to bring it back. The swirl remover gets rid off any buff marks and micro scratches you get from washing it, the kids rubbing their dirty hands on it and your mates leaning on it lol. Brings it up so it looks new. Just make sure you get the recommended soft pad with your swirl remover (just ask the paint shop). Then the wax seals it off and protects it a bit and also keeps it pretty for longer.

cheers wazza,
I gather you mean just a light cutting compound,any brand you can recommend eg kitten etc
I live in a smallish country town so unfortunately we don't have a proper auto paint shop,just repco etc will see what they have
thanks for your help,i know they are dumb questions but at least I seem to be asking the right person for advice etc
cheers again and thanks

WazzaVN

Wazza VN
Reaction score
Members Ride
cheers wazza,
I gather you mean just a light cutting compound,any brand you can recommend eg kitten etc
I live in a smallish country town so unfortunately we don't have a proper auto paint shop,just repco etc will see what they have
thanks for your help,i know they are dumb questions but at least I seem to be asking the right person for advice etc
cheers again and thanks

If you live in a small country town then eBay is your friend!

Here's a cutting compound that isn't too coarse but will easily shine up your fadded areas. But it won't remove scratches too quickly. By the sound of it though you don't need to.

http:// http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/3M-Perfect-It-Rubbing-Compound-16-ounce-39060-/230838951809?pt=Motors_Automotive_Tools&hash=item35bf12df81&_uhb=1

Here's some 3m swirl remover

http:// http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/TRADESMEN-QUALITY-3M-Perfect-it-3-Swirl-Mark-Remover-/360752263013?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item53fe82af65&_uhb=1

As for wax I'd probably recommend 3m aswell but you can probably just use whatever. I know the 3m stuff is a bit pricey but it pays off because with the cheaper repco stuff the ammount of times you have to repeat the proccess to pruduce the same quality as a good brand is ridiculous. Plus a little bit of the 3m will go allot further than a cheaper brand. So if you splash out once for the good stuff you will have enough to keep your car looking good for as long as you own it and probably still have some left for your next car. It's all up to you though of course just my recommendation. I used to use whatever was in dads garage then when I started working as a painter and was using industry standard stuff it was like a "where have you been all my life!" Moment haha.

WazzaVN

Wazza VN
Reaction score
Members Ride
13818894635550_zps806c14f6.jpg

Mum got a new vz Calais! Only 8k, I think that's good.

I suggested a few future mods. Sl's, and a 3.7 LSD. Don't think she's too keen though haha.

corhijasna

Reaction score
Members Ride
awesome-bl..dy good price too,looks very sweet,thats what I want mine to look like-with the shine I mean

one lucky lady I thinks

<andy9>

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ R8 6.0LTR M6
Looks sweet i always wanted a vz Calais. Slammed with some black 20's haha I'm sure she will love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

corhijasna

Reaction score
Members Ride
she obviously loves it otherwise she wouldn't have bought it-lol

nice car for a nice price

<andy9>

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ R8 6.0LTR M6
How's the polishing coming along anyway mate?

corhijasna

Reaction score
Members Ride
How's the polishing coming along anyway mate?

-you mean me-still waiting to get the 3m stuff,but getting pretty antsy waiting to start-lol

just out of curiosity what is tapatalk?
cheers