Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My VZ SS MY06

surrender

Reaction score
Members Ride
On the hunt
Ah thanks for the heads up bud, ended up going with 245/30/20 on my supersports. No guard mods whatsoever and no rubbing at all! Stoked, thanks mate!

WazzaVN

Wazza VN
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 6ltr ute, VP Calais and HJ Prem
Eh, got in a spot of trouble on the way home. Cars too low. So back to stock it goes until I get slightly higher springs.

Got a question for you guys. Does anyone know how the stock catback sounds with 4-1's and high flow cats? I know it was quiet as a mouse whith a stock full system. I didn't get in trouble for too loud but I'm just putting that down to luck because it is very loud. So I might throw the stockie back on till I get a quieter exhaust.

WazzaVN

Wazza VN
Reaction score
Members Ride
Well the car was on 18's for ages (ew i hate those rims). I had some half decent tyres on there so decided to wear them out before getting new tyres for the supersports.

IMAG0050_zpsiuprg3ih.jpg

It's back to how it should be though..

IMAG0112_zpsl0iqid6f.jpg

IMAG0114_zpsphio60ep.jpg

Currently its just got fe2 in the front and SL in the rear. i still have my old springs and its tempting to lower it again but my extractors might get me in trouble again. so no decisions just yet.

I have been saving my penny's though. just ordered 4 new pads and rotors. I will be getting a new clutch shortly. Still undecided on weather I should get an ls7 clutch or an xtreme kit. the extreme kit comes with everything so it will work out a few hundred dollars cheaper. I am leaning toward the ls7 though and holmart sounded like they were a little flexible with their price. Once all thats done ill get it tuned.

WazzaVN

Wazza VN
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mcleod RXT or RST

Yeah I was hell keen on one of them! This is only going to get tuned and be a daily now so a single mass should do the trick.

Anyway I went to holmart and got the LS7 so I guess that dilemma is sorted lol. I'm glad I went with the genuine though I was finding a few mixed reviews on the xtreme.

IMAG0115_zpshvoyjuoz.jpg

also got my front brake pads. just waiting on the rears and the rotors. have to order a new slave and spigot too. I'm getting exited now will be like a new car when its all done! :D

K-BAGZ

De Plane! De Plane!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR II S-pac V6 Ute / VZ SV6 Sedan / VZ R8
Don't forget a remote bleed kit for the slave cylinder! A must have!

WazzaVN

Wazza VN
Reaction score
Members Ride
So I've got all my parts now as far as I know. There might be one or two things I remember along the way but have all the major stuff.

IMAG0119_zpsjusmprjf.jpg

I've spent about a day or so working on it. Managed to get the gearbox, flywheel and clutch all out. The clutch is fairly worn which was expected from the way it was behaving. Not all the way down to the rivets though lol. The pressure plate and flywheel are sorta warped too.

IMAG0118_zpsfp1b5s0a.jpg

WazzaVN

Wazza VN
Reaction score
Members Ride
Haven't got too much done lately because my friggen shed floor has been flooding from all the rain!! my spiggot bearing is fairly stuck. I had a few goes with a slide hammer but decided I better stop before I pull the crank out LOL its in there tight. I have a bearing puller now but haven't used it yet because of the wet floor haha.

Anyway a wet floor is no excuse not to take the brakes off because you can do that from a seat. so I took em off and painted them at work.

IMAG0123_zpsqfgrwbby.jpg

IMAG0125_zpsduugofhq.jpg

^^ A bit of epoxy!

IMAG0126_zpswcdinghv.jpg

Some red

IMAG0128_zpsa7sbdxwd.jpg

And some matte black.

Should look good when they're back on. Inspired from the way the SSZ calipers are painted.