Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My WH Stato L67

ducker85

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE clubbie R8
Already got the gears and that to go in, were you running the 14psi untuned ?? I was probably making about the same power as yours stock on 10psi made ~149rwkw.
It is cooled though im running a ZZP W2A cooler currently running 16psi untuned, gotta baby the hell out of it but making more power than it was. INteresting to see the mace stuff on ur rig didnt make much of a difference? Making me re think what im gonna do lol

definatly look into a proper live tune, no1 in SA will do min e they all wanna sell me a aftermarket computer.

fatbats

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Stato S2
Yeh looking into getting a tune done, just shopping around atm. Cars just sitting in the driveway waiting for things to get done to it, just bought high flow cats to go on it as I snapped one of the exhaust pipes at the cat haha, sounds tough at idle but a headache after 10 mins.
Did you end up going with an aftermarket computer ?

ucwepn

America just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Website
www.darkcold.com
Members Ride
WH statesman 5.7
nice tidy stato man

fatbats

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Stato S2
Cheers mate, will have to add some update some info havnt been on here in yonks.
The stato's now running a Zzp stage 3 cooler and w2a exchanger, 16 psi, mace 1:9 rockers, new lifters/pushrods and air ride suspension setup in the rear :) will post pics when I get the car back after blowing a rear main seal :(

ucwepn

America just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Website
www.darkcold.com
Members Ride
WH statesman 5.7
making a bit of grunt I see hehe

shaune_m

Reaction score
Members Ride
GS300 2JZ TURBO/ S2 RX7
Hey Mate,
How does it feel after all the mods? Im running a similar setup with a 2.7" pulley and kalmaker mafless tune and pulled 220rwkw. Are you planning on porting the m90 or the intake manifold?
You'll love it once its tuned. Any plans to beef up the auto?

Cheers,
Shaune

fatbats

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Stato S2
Yeh pulls a bit better now :p

Hey shaun, nice 220kw would be mad at the wheels id love that much power !
How much did the tune set you back and who did it for you ? I've sussed the porting out and got prices from MACE about it just havnt got around to it.. make a big difference in performance and sound as well ?
Hope the tune would make a difference really just the car back and have fun driving it been off the road nearly 2 months now :(.
And honestly havnt put too much thought into the auto yet, plans were to have it built with a stage 2 shift kit but not too much else at the moment.. but probably should if im gonna be running more power. At the moment its stock with a corvette servo..

Cheers, Mat

shaune_m

Reaction score
Members Ride
GS300 2JZ TURBO/ S2 RX7
I was lucky enough to purchase the car off a mechanic who runs a small performance workshop in cheltenham who did all the mods himself at the end of last year so couldnt tell you. If you'd like i could PM you his details, he also cammed another guys VY off here and does great work. If you are running a smaller pulley than 2.7" (roughly 17psi) you will need to machine the snout of the charger i think. The auto should be alright since the have a cooler from factory right? But a shift kit and upgraded bands/pistons etc would definitely help.
Enjoy it man, if the heathcote drag day ends up happening try come for a run, im real keen to see how mine goes if i can get off work, would be great to compare setups.

fatbats

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Stato S2
Ah ok yeh you can PM me some details would be helpful can't hurt to suss it all out. Well I had a 2.6" pulley at one stage which juuust fitted, had about 1mm clearance but it still fit on ! Took it off though because the car was untuned and blew the rear main out pretty much straight away as well. True will have to organise that as well.
Will deffinately try get down, just hoping the car will be ready to go, problem after problem recently after putting the rockers in ! But yeh would be good to see hope the numbers add up

Cheers