Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My wl caprice l@@k

CAPRILICIOUS WL

Reaction score
Members Ride
WL CAPRICE
Diff gear ratio upgrade

For full info on this post with calculations go to this link here:
Waiting on thread to appear in the how to section.

Well I finally got my diff gears upgraded to genuine 3.9 from my slow stock 2.87 I also got a full rebuild and an LSD to go with it.

I'm very happy with it as It's never been so easy to overtake or to climb a little hill.

Thanks to Craig @ diff doc for his great work :) I would highly recommend him to anyone who would like a diff rebuild or upgrade.

I have also made a lilttle quick video on how to find out your diff gear ratio with out having to pull you diff apart.

Which can be seen here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2y9iqvO7RaU&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Cheers
Dave.

Last edited:

CAPRILICIOUS WL

Reaction score
Members Ride
WL CAPRICE
Lil update,
Got some ss alloy pedals and installed them on sat, they look way better then the plain stock pedals and add an extra 1.5 killerwasps atw for each alloy pedal added :p lol

Also got my dash to come up with the HSV logo on start up, to go with my new dash conversion and now suits my Hsv floor mats. :)

31bf8352-fca0-e1a9.jpg

31bf8352-0386-35c5.jpg

31bf8352-0665-0037.jpg

31bf8352-06b0-46a5.jpg

31bf8352-02f0-ea4b.jpg

31bf8352-0579-b06f.jpg

CAPRILICIOUS WL

Reaction score
Members Ride
WL CAPRICE
Was a bit busy on the weekend doing my headlights + foglights lens restoration then installed my new hid kit for the fog lights. :)
They looked really grotty and made the car look dirty on the front.
But after the headlight restoration kit, 7 hours of sanding and polishing and a very sore wrist this morning the lens look as good as new.

Fog lens before/after
31c24dce-2386-d3e0.jpg

31c24dce-247b-576e.jpg

Then installed my hid fog lights to suit my low beams. :)
31c24dce-2560-a56c.jpg

Turd Ferguson

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Disco
Thats pretty awesome, are they way too bright to drive around with them on though.

CAPRILICIOUS WL

Reaction score
Members Ride
WL CAPRICE
Thats pretty awesome, are they way too bright to drive around with them on though.

Thanks man,
To be honest I haven't had the chance to try them at night while driving, but I hardly ever drive with my fogs on unless I really need to.

CAPRILICIOUS WL

Reaction score
Members Ride
WL CAPRICE
Difffs sound to be good man haha :p We gotta see how your 5 spd goes against the cam on the Drag day if you're going :p

Loving the LSD and diff upgrade but still it abit sluggish, I wouldn't bother taking it there thou. Lol

Its pretty good with the 5 speed auto on 100km I'm revving at 2300rpm.