Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My10 ve ssv

simond

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV ute
Hey all,

New to the V8 scene, previously had a VZ SV6 but when I saw this I had to buy it. First post but I need some help, I bought a SSV MY10 ute 2nd hand from a dealer but unfortunately they didnt know much about what mods have been done to it already. They said that they are pretty sure the previous owner did extrators back 3" exhaust and by the look of the pics it is either VCM/KPM OTR (unsure if it is MAF or MAFless). The car is really tidy and runs well so I bought it and now I need to work out what he has done to it. Any suggestions on how to find out about the exhaust. I was thinking of getting it dyno tuned so I can know what it is running at as I have no clue if he has preivously tuned it or not??? Depending on what has been done I want to do cam and valve springs next. Here are some pics. I pick her up on Tuesday and have to drive back from townsville to brisbane. I never did any mods on my sv6 so this is my first time playing with mods. Cheers
DSC_0209.jpgDSC_0215.jpgnew ute.jpg

Attachments

• DSC_0208.jpg
    DSC_0208.jpg
    197.4 KB · Views: 724
  • DSC_0211.jpg
    DSC_0211.jpg
    253 KB · Views: 520
  • DSC_0212.jpg
    DSC_0212.jpg
    191 KB · Views: 381

AD07

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE CALAIS V 6.0
Well id suggest you actually get under the car and have a look at the exhaust. The rear pipes in the last pic look stock to me, so who knows...???
Open the bonnet and have a look at your exhaust manifold...this will tell you if you have headers or not.
Is there a MAF on the rear of your OTR..????? (this will answer your maf or mafless question).
Headers & an OTR will have required a tune.
Maybe doing a little bit of research will help in the future.

glennho

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE SS -1977 HX Premier,2012 Hilux 4x4
looks like a nice tidy ride you have there,like what ADO7 said get under and have a look or get a mate who knows to have a look for you.

bladerunner

"needs a bit'a nitrous"
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS UTE & a 71' deltek rockhopper
the intake is a vcm,kpm, they are the same,have a look at the rubber boot section between the intake and throttlebody,if there is just a rubber boot there it's mafless,if there is a black cylindrical plastic tube there with a plug on it its maf tuned, if your still not sure shoot me a pm when ur back home and i'll look at it for you

Mattk101

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve sv6 sidi 2010
Looks very nice, love the Pontiac gt front end