Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MY10 with 80,000kms

theconcierege

Reaction score
Members Ride
Looking for a VE ute
Hi all

I have found a MY10 SVr ute that I am pretty keen on. It's down 80,000kms ( full service history). The guy lives outside a city on a farm and travels into work each day on the highway.

the price is lower than other MY10s which is a reflection of the higher kms. It has 12 months factory warranty remaining. I would be lucky to do 10,000kms a year on the ute, so it will slowly catch up on the yearly adv.

I presume it's better to get a car that has down a lot of highway driving compared to a car that has done adv kms around a city ( ie stop start ?)

vongy10

Reaction score
Members Ride
CV8 Monaro V2
Driving in the city puts more stress on the car because of constant brake and accelerating compared to highway driving which is just cruising but cars that are driving on highways are more prone to getting paint chips. 80,000kms is a fair bit for just two years but if it has full service history then there should be no problems with it.

vicarious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 SV6 SPORTWAGON

theconcierege

Reaction score
Members Ride
Looking for a VE ute
i wouldnt worry about the paint chips, you will get more of those driving on resealed roads in the city ;)

ha ha ha true.

Haven't see the car yet.... I am hoping it is good and I finally get my new car

theconcierege

Reaction score
Members Ride
Looking for a VE ute
i wouldnt worry about the paint chips, you will get more of those driving on resealed roads in the city ;)

ha ha ha true.

Haven't see the car yet.... I am hoping it is good and I finally get my new car

Mike08

No Back seat drivers
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Ute
Highway k's are always far better than city or superb ones mate.

Far less punishing on the whole vehicle in general, provided of course it has not been whipped getting there in the first place.

Just make sure it has not seen to many B and S turnouts Lol.

Cheers.

kyl3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
I have just bought a MY10 SS with 80k on the clock. ex-chaser. decent service history. runs beautifully. nice and cheap too.

Would buy again ;)

Jjfur87

Reaction score
Members Ride
07 VE SV6
Bugger the chips. As nice as it is to have a 'chipless' paint job, it wont last regardless of the roads you drive. They're gonna happen. Fact of life when owning a car. If its cheaper, and it's hat done highway k's, I'd go for it (after seeing the car in person, of course) :)