Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MY15 VF Commodore

GH05T

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
sory for the amature question.
the L99/LS3, this is the 6.2 or a different 6.0?

Smashfist

Reaction score
Members Ride
440rwhp Cammed VF Ute
sory for the amature question.
the L99/LS3, this is the 6.2 or a different 6.0?

LS3 is the 6.2 as used in HSV's. L99 is basically an LS3 with DoD/AFM and variable valve/camshaft phasing. Some other casting differences to the L99 block (with strengthening as seen in the LSA) as well.

timandhayley

Reaction score
Members Ride
Astra RS-V Hatch
October build is still MY14. MY15 Cruze begins in January, so it's likely that the VF will have the same timing. It's not a big change like you're all hoping for. High gloss rear bumper fascia and a few new colours..... MY16 is the bigger change.

Flukey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
I think the resale for Redlines will take a bath once the new model is released. Who is going to want a 260kw version when the newer one will have 50kws more?

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
The reality is that 6.0 vs 6.2, both with premium bolt-ons and peak power tune, there is only 20rwkW difference (270 vs 290). Allow +/-10 variance for technicalities, means there's really only 10rwkW in it, ie you wouldn't know unless you have a really sensitive 'driver interface' (bum).

Of course HSV 6.2 owners simply look up an electronic Driver Interface which is built-in especially to automatically and politely reassure them 0.2 litres is worth $25,000.

Last edited:

GH05T

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
yup, whats even more dissapointing are the supercharged LSA, we have dynoed a few and found that their figures are well, average.
mate has made more power with his 6.0 with a cam otr and exhaust with a mafless tune, not a mad cam either. making mid 300s atrw, not sure where the excess 40k goes.

Reaction score
Members Ride
ya mum!

RayLamp

Gone Fishin'...
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V Redline and LTZ RG Colorado
Its interesting. In 8 years of owning my VE and now this new VF, I've never thought while driving them on a daily basis, that I needed more power.

As nice as the HSV's are, I can't see the value in comparison to the redline SSV. An yes, I have seen, been in, and driven HSV's. They are nice. But its a big price difference.

Reaction score
Members Ride
ya mum!
Its interesting. In 8 years of owning my VE and now this new VF, I've never thought while driving them on a daily basis, that I needed more power.

As nice as the HSV's are, I can't see the value in comparison to the redline SSV. An yes, I have seen, been in, and driven HSV's. They are nice. But its a big price difference.

A much more considered perspective. :) And very true. In terms of "bang for buck" they (HSVs) don't represent great value at all. Best bang for buck comes from the SS. Add some bigger brakes, exhaust, intake and tune and you're smiling all the way to the bank! And spend a bit more on a cam and you're still able to buy a whole other small car with the change from not buying a HSV.

BUT if you can afford a HSV and like the complete package then go for it.