Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MY16 Jungle Green SSV Redline

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS, S PAK, CV8Z, SSVR, CALAIS V, MSE
Sorry I haven't got the video up yet on the 2016 SS easy exit feature (as requested on the SS Forum). It's hard to capture what it does without a helper. I'll ask the wife tonight to help out but the AUS Spec VFII's really aren't missing much. Honestly having 'J*sus Handles in the front head liner would be a bigger help to hauling ones arse in and out without crushing side bolsters.

Onto your Jungle Green order - what did you end up going for with options?
PBM Roof?
PBM Spoiler?
High Wing?
Black grill surrounds?

Out of all the JG SSV Redlines you've seen, approximately what proportion of them have the high wing on the boot?

Thats ok about the video, recently had a hire car Caprice V which had the easy exit feature. Its pretty good that it just does it all for you, pitty it isnt on the Redline, would save the side bolster getting worn. My order details are above. I think there is more of the lip spoiler ordered on the Jungle Green than the high winged spoiler from what I have seen.

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
Pt 9.
So this time next week my car will be getting built (exciting times) here is a run down of the build process and the history of my car so far below it.

20 Ordered. (embryo) Car ordered by Dealer or Holden, waiting to be picked up for build. (3-2 Months out)
30 Preferenced. Car is picked up for build. (2 Months out)
32 Scheduled. Build week assigned, last milestone for any changes before locked in. (6-8 Weeks out)
33 Sequenced. Confirmed build date assigned. No more changes can be made at this milestone. (6 Weeks out)
34 Broadcast. VIN Number is generated. Car goes from 33 one day to 34 the next. (6 Weeks out)
35 Body Shop. Car is actually being built. There are sub-events under this that don’t show (i.e. 36, Paint Shop, 37 General Assembly)
38 Assembled. Car is built. Local builds can then enter HEC (Holden Enhancement Centre) for accessories to be added and can sit at this milestone for a few days.
40 Delivered to sales. Car is officially built and has left the factory.
42 Physically in transit to the Dealership.
50 Delivered to the Dealership.
60 Delivered to Customer.

• 9/6/2016 – Sequence 20.
• 7/7/2016 – Sequence 30.
• 26/7/2016 – Sequence 32. Target build, Week 5 of August,
• 28/7/2016 – Sequence 33. Target build date, Wednesday 31/8/2016
• 29/7/2016 – Sequence 34. VIN Generated

Last edited:

SaUte

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SSV ute
Sounding like your on a winner mate ,great thread too.
BTW,you have two part 7's, lol

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
That's a fantastic price considering all your options SC, well done.

SUP3RST4R_DJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 MY11 Holden VE SSV Ute
Congrats mate, great price for all those features as well. Keep us posted once its in your hands.

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
Pt 10.
Now that I had ordered my car it was time to start to make it a bit more personal and perhaps add my own little tasteful touches to it. I went ahead and ordered a heap of Holden Accessories to go with the car along with some stuff I sourced personally from the GM parts bin, full list of extras and spares below;

Moulded luggage liner
Boot lip protector
Convenience net
Red V8 engine cover
Mudflaps front
Mudflaps rear
Sports floor mats
Rubber floor mats
Large luggage organiser
Insect screen
Headlight protector
Bonnet protector
Holden neoprene seat covers front
Holden neoprene seat covers rear
Holden leather booklet wallet
Holden red centre caps
Auto dimming interior mirror
Rear reading lights
Footwell lights
Door courtesy lights
Chevy SS shark fin aerial
Chevy SS airbag warning hanger
HSV 340 Headers
HSV 340 Cats
HSV 340 centre section

Spares
Drivers seat - back rest leather cover
Drivers seat - base leather cover
Drivers seat - back rest foam
Drivers seat - base foam
Front passenger seat - back rest leather cover
Front passenger seat - base leather cover
Front passenger seat - back rest foam
Front passenger seat - base foam
Front mudflaps
Rear mudflaps
Sports floor mats
Steering wheel
6 speed manual gear lever with boot
Start/Stop engine button
Park brake button
Indicator stalk
Wiper stalk

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
Wow that's quite the booty SC.
Can you please share the part # for the red centre caps and wher you sourced the SS shark fin aerial from?
You obviously don't want to get caught out in years to come with parts unavailability.

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
Pt 11.
So some exciting news about my car, got a production update from my contact at HVO.

Holden had a target build date for my Redline as Wednesday 31/8/16. I got word that my car has already been built! It had passed through body shop on Wednesday 24/8/16 with no defects or rework, so body work is great and it was in paint shop overheads as of 25/8/16. Hard to say whether it’s been painted or not, but I have ordered the optional black roof and was told the car goes through once painted all green, then before clearcoat is applied it is taken offline, the whole car gets masked up and then the car is fed back in to get the roof painted black and then it gets its clearcoat.

As they no longer work a Friday shift at HVO, it looks to be that my car maybe finished late Monday afternoon. My contact will get back to me on Monday to confirm where it is as it depends on the ARS (Automatic Retrieval System) and where it is programmed to slot into the production line. So it looks like peoples cars are built a week prior to the target build date we have all been given by Holden.

Exciting times and sleepless nights ahead for me. It is due to arrive at the dealer on Friday 2/9/16.

Dimitery

Reaction score
Mind if I ask where you got the chevy SS aerial from or a part number for it?