Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MY17 Specs and Release Date

zero_tolerance

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VFII Redline
I didn't think the sunroof needed anymore, and if it's too hot just close the shade.
Yeah, to me it looks like the sunroof glass is already tinted, and like you say if it gets hot just close the shade.

crew_man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SV6 Reserve Edition Sportwagon
Delayed reply I know however HEC equipment from Pt Melbourne ended up on Grays online - lock stock and barrel.

Care to share the link? HEC is located in Elizabeth SA, so I doubt that they moved machinery from SA to Vic

zero_tolerance

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VFII Redline
Care to share the link? HEC is located in Elizabeth SA, so I doubt that they moved machinery from SA to Vic
HEC is in Port Melbourne Vic, which is the V6 engine plant that closed last year.
HEC = Holden's Engine Company, not to be confused with Holden Enhancement Centre.

Last edited:

crew_man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SV6 Reserve Edition Sportwagon
HEC is in Port Melbourne Vic, which is the V6 engine plant that closed last year.
HEC = Holden's Engine Company, not to be confused with Holden Enhancement Centre.

Incorrect - The engine plant at Port Melbourne is known as HEO - Holden Engine Operations.

HEC is as you said, Holden Enhancement Centre.

Redline 2017

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VF 2 SSV REDLINE
is that a manual one at a Canberra dealer by any chance?

I had a look at it but wasn't keen on the colour or the price they are asking.
The Northside dealer (unnamed) has had it there for a month, yes I drive past everyday on my way to work, both Canberra dealers were much more unwilling to generate a sale than the NSW dealer who eventually got my business. And who I imagine has a much smaller allocation of Redlines

zero_tolerance

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VFII Redline
Incorrect - The engine plant at Port Melbourne is known as HEO - Holden Engine Operations.

HEC is as you said, Holden Enhancement Centre.

Ok, it used to be HEC, I'm not sure when they changed it.

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY 17 SSV SOAG Redline
Southern dealer had a LMF manual... I have also been steered away from them due price...

Hobbit

Dirty Harry

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF MY17 Series 2 Redline - Red Hot
The Northside dealer (unnamed) has had it there for a month, yes I drive past everyday on my way to work, both Canberra dealers were much more unwilling to generate a sale than the NSW dealer who eventually got my business. And who I imagine has a much smaller allocation of Redlines

I notice they still have a MY16 Red Hot SSVR manual for $61.5k there as well.

zero_tolerance

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VFII Redline
It was alway know as HEO for the 11 years I work at Port Melbourne from 2004.

My bad, I'm still living in the 90's lol. It became HEO in 1995.

https://archives.media.gm.com/aus/holden/en/product_services/alloytec_engine/engine_history.htm
"In August, 1995, HEC announced a $200 million investment boost over a two-year period to support the introduction of four valve, double overhead camshaft (DOHC) technology, foundry modernisation and capacity expansion. It planned the volume manufacture of the DOHC Family II engines in 1.8, 2.0 and 2.2 litre displacements.
Later that year, HEC became today’s HEO (Holden Engine Operations) following its re-integration into Holden manufacturing operations, poised to make a key contribution as GM moved to develop its operations in the Asia Pacific region."