Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MY17 Specs and Release Date

zero_tolerance

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VFII Redline
I spoke to my good friend the signwriter on the weekend and I told him that I was getting one of the SS-V Redlines soon, and asked for the black wrap for the roof (or carbon fibre or a similar brush metal that he had on his van.) He stated that it would barely last 2 years because the roof is horizontal and the UV would kill the vinyl - doesn't matter how good the quality of vinyl it is. He wraps a lot of cars and vans and if it is vertical (doors/sides) the vinyl will last a lot longer. If it is on the roof and you park your car in the garage for most of the time, then obviously it will last much longer.

That's a good point you make. I've seen quite a few cars with aftermarket black roofs, both painted and wrapped, and they have faded so badly that they just look horrible.

Marco_VESS

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VF2 Redline M6
Just got a call from my dealer asking whether I wanted the T43 or T4X rear wing. Apparently the T4X is black - I didn't know this was available. Made the on the spot decision to stick with body colour.

Asked about delivery date - not certain but looks like late August.

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
Just got a call from my dealer asking whether I wanted the T43 or T4X rear wing. Apparently the T4X is black - I didn't know this was available. Made the on the spot decision to stick with body colour.

Asked about delivery date - not certain but looks like late August.
I'm so glad the T43 was still body colour as I was lucky enough to get my car ordered with GMON late November last year. I didn't know that the blackout kits were going to be standard on the redline back then only a rumor the SS and SV6 was going to be blacked out. I've got used to my redline being blacked out now.

I also got my stripe/Decals for the sides yesterday. These were left off at the factory and now deciding to add them to the car. I do like the look of the black stripe. What do you guys think?

LMF 17

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSVR
Car came off the line late yesterday, now awaiting transport, real chance I might get late next week, getting very excited now.

RedBadge

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 & VF SSV Redline LMF
Car came off the line late yesterday, now awaiting transport, real chance I might get late next week, getting very excited now.
Hey LMF 17. That's good news. Spoke to my dealer this morning and my LMF redline is due on the line as of today so should be taking delivery fairly soon.
I was wondering what the members think of those red centre wheel caps though not sure if they are available or not ?

RedBadge

Reaction score
Members Ride
I'm so glad the T43 was still body colour as I was lucky enough to get my car ordered with GMON late November last year. I didn't know that the blackout kits were going to be standard on the redline back then only a rumor the SS and SV6 was going to be blacked out. I've got used to my redline being blacked out now.

I also got my stripe/Decals for the sides yesterday. These were left off at the factory and now deciding to add them to the car. I do like the look of the black stripe. What do you guys think?
Hello Anthony121. I like the black side stripes but not the bonnet stripe. My redline will have the side stripes fitted at the factory hopefully this week.

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
Hey LMF 17. That's good news. Spoke to my dealer this morning and my LMF redline is due on the line as of today so should be taking delivery fairly soon.
I was wondering what the members think of those red centre wheel caps though not sure if they are available or not ?

The red caps are available from Holden spares. They are about $50 each. I think they look good but can't justify $200 for centre caps right now.

Martin Norris

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais 5.7

Hi Anthony121, I agree with RedBadge, I was parked near a Nitrate Redline last weekend with the side stripes and thought it looked fantastic, it adds a more sporting/aggressive look to the car. Personally I don't know why more people don't option the track stripes. The Redline I originally ordered was Heron optioned with the side stripes and the power decal. I optioned the power decal because the sales rep said no one optioned it, if it looked too much I was going to peel it.
Redbadge, not long now, starting to get a little toey?? I certainly would be this close to delivery. The red centre caps are $220 a set and can be purchased as a spare part by anyone (no VIN required). It appears they are now going to be standard fitment on the limited editions. There is a part number for them on the thread "What deal did you get for your Limited Edition".

Martin Norris

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais 5.7
Because of the red stripes on the MSE I changed my order from Heron to Nitrate simply because to me the red looks better with silver, if you haven't visited the above thread my car should look something like this:
upload_2017-3-17_17-33-13.png

there is a dropbox link that you can save that now shows all the different colour combinations for the three different limited edition models.

RedBadge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hi Anthony121, I agree with RedBadge, I was parked near a Nitrate Redline last weekend with the side stripes and thought it looked fantastic, it adds a more sporting/aggressive look to the car. Personally I don't know why more people don't option the track stripes. The Redline I originally ordered was Heron optioned with the side stripes and the power decal. I optioned the power decal because the sales rep said no one optioned it, if it looked too much I was going to peel it.
Redbadge, not long now, starting to get a little toey?? I certainly would be this close to delivery. The red centre caps are $220 a set and can be purchased as a spare part by anyone (no VIN required). It appears they are now going to be standard fitment on the limited editions. There is a part number for them on the thread "What deal did you get for your Limited Edition".
Cheers for the advice re the red caps Martin and dgp. Yeah not long now so I'm getting more excited. First LMF i was able to see was a redline ute in my local town earlier this week. Very happy with the look of the colour as i was worried it might be just a bit too orange in the bright sun but it looked very nice indeed.
Another question for the members - Is there a run in procedure for these ls3's ?
Just wondering what the recent new owners have done.

Last edited: