Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MY17 Specs and Release Date

VFII•17

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MY17 SS-V Redline Sedan LMF
That yellow is just wrapped. I saw a Facebook post about it.
Yes, Super Coach get this one. It is all vinyl wrapped - believe it or not!

Yep, I did a rego check on it and it comes up as black...
View attachment 191834
Yes, zero_tolerance gets this one. It is a black car - believe it or not!

I didn't know that you can do a rego check online. That's a bit scary as there is too much information! Well, not too much information if you are buying a car...

zero_tolerance

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VFII Redline
Yes, Super Coach get this one. It is all vinyl wrapped - believe it or not!

Yes, zero_tolerance gets this one. It is a black car - believe it or not!
TBH I would never have known if Super Coach didn't tell us.
Looks like an amazing job, wonder how much it would cost to do?
It would be fun to change the whole colour of your car every now and again just for something different.

I didn't know that you can do a rego check online. That's a bit scary as there is too much information! Well, not too much information if you are buying a car...
Which is why some of us don't put photos of our regos on internet forums. ;)

VFII•17

Reaction score
Members Ride
So I went to my dealer on Friday and asked a lot of questions:
1) What is my VIN? He states that the stock controller does not have it yet.
2) Can I get production photos? He did not know so he asked his manager and he stated to ask Customer Care. But I need my VIN, I stated.
3) What do you think about Opticoat? He states that they offer something similar but he does not like to offer it as you cannot put your car through a car wash and you have to wash it by hand with a special solution that they provide. Is this the case with the Opticoat? Which car wash solution do most people wash their car with? I have heard of 2 strange solutions, but I'll wait until I get some feedback before I reveal.
4) Wash with what sponge? He states a micorfibre cloth then wipe down with a good chamois.
5) Do you provide a GPS tracking device? He states that he has never put one in nor does he know of any devices to recommend. I have seen one online for about $499 but you would have to pay an ongoing monthly fee. Maybe for a cheap solution an old iPhone with Find My iPhone on and tapped into the 12v for constant charging when vehicle is on and not charge when vehicle is off (accs on/off) - then I need a cheap data plan per month.. looked it up nothing is cheap..
6) What's that yellow ute doing in the showroom? Being a little colourblind I thought is was the Spitfire Green with poor light in the showroom, but it didn't look green. He stated that it was the a vinyl wrap black ute (as previously posted above.) They have done several cars with vinyl wrap black roofs and stripes, etc and they state that they give a 7 year guarantee. My signwriter friend states about 2 years max as the harsh UV rays kills the vinyl. I suppose if you garage the car most of the time then it may last up to 7 years.

Anyway, that was my exciting 1.5hr drive there, 1hr or so of questions and general discussion, and 1.5hr drive back. Only 15 days 14 hours 17 mins and 35 secs before delivery.. my garage is still a mess..

VFII•17

Reaction score
Members Ride
TBH I would never have known if Super Coach didn't tell us.
Looks like an amazing job, wonder how much it would cost to do?
It would be fun to change the whole colour of your car every now and again just for something different.
I'll show the pic to my signwriter friend and ask what it would cost to vinyl wrap the whole car. He has wrapped half a van and 3/4 of a car with specific advertising, so he could give me a rough quote of a whole car.

Which is why some of us don't put photos of our regos on internet forums. ;)
Well, this answers the question entirely. This applies to Vic rego plates, but I wonder if it applies to other states. Can't be bothered looking it up at the moment.

jetfrost

Reaction score
Members Ride
Motorsport
I'll show the pic to my signwriter friend and ask what it would cost to vinyl wrap the whole car. He has wrapped half a van and 3/4 of a car with specific advertising, so he could give me a rough quote of a whole car.

Well, this answers the question entirely. This applies to Vic rego plates, but I wonder if it applies to other states. Can't be bothered looking it up at the moment.

NSW rego plates also apply tells you colour, make, model, last 4 digits of the vin, rego exp. and CTP

zero_tolerance

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VFII Redline
2) Can I get production photos? He did not know so he asked his manager and he stated to ask Customer Care. But I need my VIN, I stated.
I wouldn't worry too much about this. Holden is now emailing them out to customers automatically. A few others here received them about 1 month after taking delivery of their cars.

3) What do you think about Opticoat? He states that they offer something similar but he does not like to offer it as you cannot put your car through a car wash and you have to wash it by hand with a special solution that they provide. Is this the case with the Opticoat? Which car wash solution do most people wash their car with? I have heard of 2 strange solutions, but I'll wait until I get some feedback before I reveal.
4) Wash with what sponge? He states a micorfibre cloth then wipe down with a good chamois.
Don't get the dealer paint protection, it's rubbish and a waste of money.
In regards to washing and maintenance, I'll PM you the info my detailer emailed me. With Opticoat you can use any good quality car wash solution, but more importantly, make sure you use a microfibre wash mitt/towel and the two bucket method.

Only 15 days 14 hours 17 mins and 35 secs before delivery.. my garage is still a mess..
Well what are you waiting for, it won't clean itself..:D

AWRSSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Redline Wagon
Hi guys, new to the forum here. Thought I'd join up and join in the fun. Have been keeping on eye on the forums here for over 6 months. Certainly has helped myself and my old man with decisions re: cars and colours.

Got 3 on order all due Q2.
MSE red hot manual
Magnum red hot manual (was meant to be spitfire green, but allocated red for some reason)
LMF redline wagon (deliberated over and over regarding colour, initially wanted SOAG but settled on LMF after seeing members photos on this forum, it just looks awesome.

Can't wait for all three to arrive.

VFII•17

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hi guys, new to the forum here. Thought I'd join up and join in the fun. Have been keeping on eye on the forums here for over 6 months. Certainly has helped myself and my old man with decisions re: cars and colours.

Got 3 on order all due Q2.
MSE red hot manual
Magnum red hot manual (was meant to be spitfire green, but allocated red for some reason)
LMF redline wagon (deliberated over and over regarding colour, initially wanted SOAG but settled on LMF after seeing members photos on this forum, it just looks awesome.

Can't wait for all three to arrive.

All good! Nice to get all 3 hopefully in one go.. all you need is a 3 car garage and you're all set.. or you have to build a 3 car garage o_O