Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MY17 Specs and Release Date

bigjim92

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF SSVR
Holden are really milking it and are nibbling at the hand that feeds them, it will be interesting to see what a generation of Holden die hards turn to once Elizabeth closes, I would bet Holden have underestimated how many die hards will leave the brand.
So sad.

Unless something nice comes our way, my VF2 is probably the last Holden/GM vehicle I'll buy. I've owned 6 Commodores since getting my license 6 years ago. 5 of which were brand new VE and series 2 VE.

It really is sad that in the states GM offer so much variety in their products. Yet our offerings are what GM decide we should get, not what we want.

Flukey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
Holden are really milking it and are nibbling at the hand that feeds them, it will be interesting to see what a generation of Holden die hards turn to once Elizabeth closes, I would bet Holden have underestimated how many die hards will leave the brand.
So sad.

Well for us enthusiasts there probably isn't going to be a hero car so no doubt many will go to other brands.

I am new to Holden so I feel no loyalty to them but the VF is a good package and I will likely get another V8 while I can.

SnowDoggyDogg

2ltr? = Only milk & juice
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
I've had three Commodores, an HSV and a Ford Falcon since 2008. I love the large Aussie sedan but I think I'll go either a proper sportscar or a Tesla on the next one and a big arse truck or SUV for the boss.
Either way parts will be dear and not readily available.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
It really is sad that in the states GM offer so much variety in their products. Yet our offerings are what GM decide we should get, not what we want.
They don't have a lot that isn't rubbish though.
Corvette has never interested me in any way (well OK maybe one from the 50's - but even a Stingray I'm all "meh" about), even though apparently these days they don't suck as hard as they did even a few years back (eg. I believe you can even drive one now without wondering whether you'd die first from spearing off the road at the first mid-corner irregularity or dying from internal haemorrhaging due to the suspension's inability to absorb said irregularities).
I guess the 2dr Commodore is interesting enough, but the majority of what they sell are those nasty truck things & complete rubbish like Impalas & the same rebadged Daewoos we get.

There's a chance something interesting comes out of Europe; the current Insignia is ancient but it got pretty good reviews when first released over there. The XC Barina was pretty much the top of the small-car game, and the reason Holden sold so many Astras in the mid-noughties (despite everyone knowing the electricals were complete rubbish) is because they just felt so upmarket to drive compared to the opposition.

If I'm looking at the sort of money you spend on a car, I don't think I'm going to let sour grapes get in the way of buying whatever suits me best.
I might let reliability concerns get in the way if the choices are all Daewoo ... they need to steal some of whatever Hyundai/Kia are doing. :)

SnowDoggyDogg

2ltr? = Only milk & juice
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
Camaro!!!!

bigjim92

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF SSVR
They don't have a lot that isn't rubbish though.
Corvette has never interested me in any way (well OK maybe one from the 50's - but even a Stingray I'm all "meh" about), even though apparently these days they don't suck as hard as they did even a few years back (eg. I believe you can even drive one now without wondering whether you'd die first from spearing off the road at the first mid-corner irregularity or dying from internal haemorrhaging due to the suspension's inability to absorb said irregularities).
I guess the 2dr Commodore is interesting enough, but the majority of what they sell are those nasty truck things & complete rubbish like Impalas & the same rebadged Daewoos we get.

There's a chance something interesting comes out of Europe; the current Insignia is ancient but it got pretty good reviews when first released over there. The XC Barina was pretty much the top of the small-car game, and the reason Holden sold so many Astras in the mid-noughties (despite everyone knowing the electricals were complete rubbish) is because they just felt so upmarket to drive compared to the opposition.

If I'm looking at the sort of money you spend on a car, I don't think I'm going to let sour grapes get in the way of buying whatever suits me best.
I might let reliability concerns get in the way if the choices are all Daewoo ... they need to steal some of whatever Hyundai/Kia are doing. :)

I mean in terms of the model range and equipment levels in say the camaro and caddy range.

Brabham

Reaction score
Members Ride
Nitrate VF2 SSVR
For those of you waiting, MY17 is January 2017 onwards.... They're continuning MY16 until factory shutdown in December and then once it reopens next year they'll be full steam ahead on MY17.

While not the news Super Coach wanted to read (sorry mate), I think this is good news for those that aren't ready yet (like me).

With so little changing from MY16 to MY17 (we think), the last of the MY16's should be harder to move and prices should reflect that. Might be a bargain or 2 for December Redlines in stock I think while everyone else waits for the MY17.

The wait continues.....

galaga2304

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS Ute
Where can you go to find out what stock dealers are holding? I saw some are checking on Internet somewhere? I am wanting 2017 and trying to hold off to find what packs, but if deals are too irresistible for 2016 and in my original colour, I may be tempted to jump in. More money for mods !!

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS, S PAK, CV8Z, SSVR, CALAIS V, MSE
While not the news Super Coach wanted to read (sorry mate), I think this is good news for those that aren't ready yet (like me).

With so little changing from MY16 to MY17 (we think), the last of the MY16's should be harder to move and prices should reflect that. Might be a bargain or 2 for December Redlines in stock I think while everyone else waits for the MY17.

The wait continues.....

Yea it does suck, here I was thinking yes, I have almost the last MY16 and last Jungle Fever green, and then Holden decide to extend. But in saying that Holden might have ordered only X Amount of Jungle Fever paint and might still run out in September and might not re-order more paint for that colour as they are discontinuing it. So it might still be a good thing that I ordered when I did cos I get to enjoy my new car sooner rather than later and still get the colour i want. When people see a car from the distance, they dont know how many km's its done, or it build date. They just see the colour!