Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MY17 Specs and Release Date

redvxr8clubby

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Clubsport R8 & VE SS
Sorry, not entirely accurate I'm afraid.

The dealer does have to add the GST when he sells the car to you, but he claims a credit for the GST in the car when they purchase it. If it was a person not registered for GST, they can claim one eleventh of the purchase price. So they really do only pay GST on the profit of the vehicle, each time it is sold.

Back to MY17.....

I realised if they paid GST when buying from a dealer, they could claim it back, didn't know they could claim one eleventh of a private trade in price, it makes sense.

Troyziee

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 SSV-R Sportwagon
Trying to find if there is any new info on the new colours, and realised Holden already have Son of a Gun Grey for other models, is it likely to be the same colour on the commodore..? i would assume so being its already got the name.

Probably bit too dark for my liking..

1310231051566a0d590c729499222047_640_480-c.jpg

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
For Son Of A Gun refer Prussian Steel.
Yeah, it'll be slightly different ... same-same but different.

Troyziee

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 SSV-R Sportwagon
Hey Panhead, ye i remember SC posting those photos, i think there were also some photos of son of a gun in the chevy guise, sitting in the holding yards. I just had not realised that Holden already had cars on the road in one of these "new" my17 colours. Means we could probably head to a dealership and look at a barina or trax in son of a gun in person to get an idea.

TA25

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 SSV Redline (coming soon)
6 weeks left of 2016 and no news on MY17. I'm starting to assume the standard MY17 models won't be any different to MY16 and all the upgrades are reserved for the special editions.

bLackjackj

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV
6 weeks left of 2016 and no news on MY17. I'm starting to assume the standard MY17 models won't be any different to MY16 and all the upgrades are reserved for the special editions.

The "news" is already out there. Holden have has been focusing on finalising all the US Chev SS orders and then will announce the 2017 models. I mentioned last month that they plan to officially announce in late Jan/ February. I believe the info is currently under embargo, but I expect that yes, the 2017 standard models will come with standard equip, but options changed up. Then of course will be the SE's, as discussed.

"The current plan is that we will produce V6, V8 and all three body styles all the way through."

"Without confirming specifics, Holden spokesman Sean Poppit says the brands has "tricks up its sleeve" when it comes to the final year of Commodore production, which is likely to feature a special edition or two. The brand plans to match customer appetites, striving to make sure that anyone who wants to buy a final-year Australian Commodore is able to get their hands on one."

Paulie81

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 VFII Prussian Steel SS-V Redline Manual
agreed. Any significant changes would call for a series III update which I cant see happening. Cost to do so for a final year woudl not make commercial sense. Its all gonna be in the special editions.

Brabham

Reaction score
Members Ride
Nitrate VF2 SSVR

Very minor changes for the MY17, except some additional fruit for the $$$ special models.

Glad now my heavily discounted MY16 will be here soon and I'm not waiting for the price hike on next years car.

samr

Reaction score
Members Ride
Still Looking
Wow, it has been 6 months since I started this post. I am quite amazed we have managed to get 115k views, although I am probably responsible for a few thousand.

Unfortunately I have given up on an MY17 and put a deposit on a Mustang today. I know that is like switching from the Rabbitohs to the Roosters but my general experience over the last few months has meant I have given up on Holden - probably for life. The dealer I have bought two new cars from who knew I was interested has repeatedly called and told me I need to put a deposit down if I want one in any decent time frame, but when I ask for what am I actually buying and how much is it, they go quiet. The last call ended with, if you want a special edition, they are going to be over RRP....

I spoke to a Ford dealer, and although there is a long wait ahead of me, they were upfront and honest about wait time, the car has Android Auto/Apple Car Play and I have gotten a car that is in extremely high demand and managed to save 9% off the RRP (which is about $7k) - no dealer RRP premium!

I don't know how Holden have managed to lose a long term customer that has never driven a Ford, but they have.

I wish you guys all the luck in the world with the new models when they come out, unfortunately I wont be in the club.