Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MY17 Specs and Release Date

Strueth

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ Monaro
If they are going to be charging $63k for a run of the mill redline sedan then they can jam it up their asses as far as I'm concerned because that's a deal breaker for me. Redline sedans have been selling for $55-58k drive away throughout 2016, so buggered if im going to pay $63k for essentially the same car just because it is a 17 build.
Decades of loyalty to Holden and this is how they thank us by gouging us.
I think I'll just wait 12 months and buy a slightly used one for $45k.
Yes, but keep in mind there will be a bombardment of advertising soon as the last Aussie V8 is pushed and even the average Joe might be a punter. Supply and demand will give the dealers the upper hand, I do want one and might have to bend over and present if it's left too long and dealers aren't renound for being gentle in such, errr , positions so to speak.

Brabham

Reaction score
Members Ride
Nitrate VF2 SSVR
A question ... people keep talking about the MY17 models/equipment/changes being a let-down ... was there really an expectation of anything more on the non-special-editions? People close to the factory & close to dealers have been saying there's going to be nothing much happening for MY17 for ... well, 3 months at least?

The LSA Redline thing for example, that would only ever have been one of the special editions ... which aren't finalised yet, but it would be a MASSIVE surprise if they were equipped with anything not already in a Chev SS.

This.

Those that have been reading these forums more than 10 minutes should have seen the writing on the wall a few months back. At best there was going to be a couple of very minor updates (which is what is coming).

Once the Special editions were unofficially announced, it was obvious any extra fruit would go on them. It was also very obvious demand was going to outstrip supply in 2017. So the choice was simple, get a 2016 discounted, a 2017 at close to sticker, or a special edition at [insert ridiculous price they know enough people will pay].

So you wont get a bargain. You'll still get a nice car, that sounds great and you can say you got one of the last.

Brabham

Reaction score
Members Ride
Nitrate VF2 SSVR
And one last thing. I think this 'allocation' might not be as bad as it looks. A bit like a band that announces a single concert, only to announce a second after that sells out.

Better to have everyone thinking they are very limited than not.

ProjectHeron

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV Clubsport R8 SV Black
Now that the editions are raveled - here is what the Motorsport is going to have (give or take 5-10% of the below)
- special edition sticker pack
- motorsport edition wheels (probably those red ones from the register your interest page)
- oil cooler
- trans cooler
- Drive selection dial (as per Chev SS)
- Heated Seats (not cooled though)
- memory seats
- no power bump ib LS3 and expect there wont be an LSA with holden wanting to keep R&D adn engineering to a minimum
- no major option changes

That is pretty much it.

Unsure if there are any body stying changes on bumpers/skirts etc but unlikely apart from maybe a different rear wing.
I cant also get a straight answer on MRC vs driver preferance dial but i expect it wont have MRC

Last edited:

crew_man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SV6 Reserve Edition Sportwagon
Is that based on opinion or fact?

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
Now that the editions are raveled - here is what the Motorsport is going to have (give or take 5-10% of the below)
- special edition sticker pack
- motorsport edition wheels (probably those red ones from the register your interest page)
- oil cooler
- trans cooler
- Drive selection dial (as per Chev SS)
- Heated Seats (not cooled though)
- memory seats
- no power bump ib LS3 and expect there wont be an LSA with holden wanting to keep R&D adn engineering to a minimum
- no major option changes

That is pretty much it.

Unsure if there are any body stying changes on bumpers/skirts etc but unlikely apart from maybe a different rear wing.
I cant also get a straight answer on MRC vs driver preferance dial but i expect it wont have MRC

Other than sticker pack and wheels dont hold your breath...
No way they will put extra coolers , drive modes and different seats...

Paulie81

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 VFII Prussian Steel SS-V Redline Manual
what about drilled or slotted disks?

CalaisNQ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II Calais V V8 , VS Calais, VS Ute & VZ SV6
I'm sooo glad I pull the trigger on new car early this year, and not waited till late this year or next year, wouldn't have got what I wanted, and stuck with a colour I didn't like.

ProjectHeron

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV Clubsport R8 SV Black
I'm sooo glad I pull the trigger on new car early this year, and not waited till late this year or next year, wouldn't have got what I wanted, and stuck with a colour I didn't like.

yep, from what im hearing here and from holden on stock levels I think thats a good move - an MY16 or MY17 is still the LAST of the commodores, unless you get a very late 17 (or even moreso a special edition) i dont see a point of difference

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
what about drilled or slotted disks?
That's a possibility IMHO; given that the supplier can quite probably supply them for very little extra cost, it's something you can see so gives bling, and they make little difference so no engineering would be needed. And it still leaves HSV with bigger & better brakes.