Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MY17 Specs and Release Date

CalaisVLS3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Calais V 6.2litre V8
I am kind of glad I did not wait for the Director.....is it correct that it has red pinstripes on the black wheels and red stripe on the lower front airdam? If that is true, then I'm glad to have purchased the standard Calais V with all the chrome and silver/grey wheels. I wanted it in Silver and twisted the dealers arm so far, I nearly snapped it off....purchase MY16 at a great price that is simply not possible with the limited edition Director.

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS, S PAK, CV8Z, SSVR, CALAIS V, MSE
I need to see pictures, not sure a red out kit sounds like a good thing. $62k plus on roads will finish just under $70k with no options. So around $70k with 20" wheels. I'm going to have to think about this more, it's more than I wanted to spend.
HF20 Alloys will be standard

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS, S PAK, CV8Z, SSVR, CALAIS V, MSE
I am kind of glad I did not wait for the Director.....is it correct that it has red pinstripes on the black wheels and red stripe on the lower front airdam? If that is true, then I'm glad to have purchased the standard Calais V with all the chrome and silver/grey wheels. I wanted it in Silver and twisted the dealers arm so far, I nearly snapped it off....purchase MY16 at a great price that is simply not possible with the limited edition Director.
Yes correct on red highlights for wheels and front air dam

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
Each to their own but I think the red highlights will look terrible.

daz_au

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII
So the motorsport is not even getting a bigger brake package, just slotted disks ? So no power, no brakes.... is it the heated seats or red highlights that makes it motorsport ready ?

TypHooning

Reaction score
Members Ride
BF MKII XR6T
Each to their own but I think the red highlights will look terrible.

Yep, no kidding. You can see the highlight in the image on the signup page:

W8vNZxa.jpg

blech.

Just read back a few pages and saw that the seats are heated only, somewhere along the line my synapses had me convinced they were heated and cooled. Even though I live somewhere that heated seats would actually be pretty useful sometimes, that's still a massive bummer.

Ah well, I'm glad they're making these for the people who are keen. I'll keep hunting for the perfect SS*-Wagon, or just give in and place an order for one, I guess.

RooiLyn

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F-2 Senator Signature
So the motorsport is not even getting a bigger brake package, just slotted disks ? So no power, no brakes.... is it the heated seats or red highlights that makes it motorsport ready ?
The slotted rotors can make a big difference though - fitted them to my VF1 Redline and the braking performance was noticeably stronger. I'd suggest that 20" rims and MRC would impact on the driving experience too.

LastV8?

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VF2 Redline
Anybody know whether Spitfire Green is a metallic/prestige paint? I saw a Ute in a dealer the other day in full sun and a sedan inside a showroom 2 months ago and it definitely didn't look like it to me?

Brabham

Reaction score
Members Ride
Nitrate VF2 SSVR
RRP on MY17 Redline is $54,900, plus on road costs. RRP on MY17 Motorsport is $61,990, plus on roads.

I'm about to put a $2k deposit on a Motorsport Edition with my choice of either June or July 2017 build.

Motorsport will get
Heated Memory Chevy SS seats
Magnetic ride control
TPMS
Slotted discs
Instead of black out it's a red out kit - red side mirror caps, red grills highlights, red Decals and 20" HF20 Alloys with red band around the rim.

I haven't been able to get confirmation on colours yet but believe it will be black, red, white & grey. So no green or orange available.

Yikes. That seems to be pretty close to predictions a few months back, and the price I expected. 70k? No thanks. There is very little in this package I even want, let alone paying an extra 14 grand for it.

I'm not a Holden man though and have no sentimental ties to these cars. I'm sure those that do will snap them up and enjoy them as the last of their kind.

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
Why would the motorsport have heated seats???

That's not sporty at all......doesn't seems right, maybe the Calais version.