Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MY17 Specs and Release Date

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..
Only one week to go until a lot of questions get answered, the anticipation is killing me. Will the special edition be a sticker pack or not is what I am wondering most. A lot of people seem to think it will be, but why the addition of a trans cooler? Heard about that somewhere in the forum, but can anyone confirm?

VF engineering is dead mate, has been for a long time. Sticker packs and parts bin specials will make up MY17.

VFII WAS the big update, the last of the last will just be a few little teasers to get people to lay down the cash.

HSV on the other hand, has a few more tricks up its sleeve.

Brabham

Reaction score
Members Ride
Nitrate VF2 SSVR
Dear god please stop the misinformation about a fictitious 4th special model called the Commemorative Edition.

There is no such model. This is the Motorsport Edition by another name. They are not 2 different models. The ME is not the SSVR. The SSVR is just a SSVR.

That said, as Tim&Haley said, it could be called either or something else again.

Now that we have that cleared up, those thinking there is a power upgrade or and special addition not already being put on the Chevy is in for a rude shock. Happy to eat my words, but it aint gonna happen. They have this whole other company called HSV that will take care of finishing 'on top' of Ford.

RedBadge

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 & VF SSV Redline LMF
After I picked up my SSVR I asked the dealer if I could have optioned on the HSV SV Rapier wheels and they said yes. In hindsight I probably would have gone for those as they look wicked.
My dealer is also a HSV dealership and when i posed the same question he said you may be able to buy them one at a time for $1400 each if you were keen. It's all to do with not wanting to water down the HSV brand name. That's how i understand it. So we are left with either a choice of black 19" or 20" wheels plenty of people dislike.

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS, S PAK, CV8Z, SSVR, CALAIS V, MSE
Dear god please stop the misinformation about a fictitious 4th special model called the Commemorative Edition.

There is no such model. This is the Motorsport Edition by another name. They are not 2 different models. The ME is not the SSVR. The SSVR is just a SSVR.

That said, as Tim&Haley said, it could be called either or something else again.

Now that we have that cleared up, those thinking there is a power upgrade or and special addition not already being put on the Chevy is in for a rude shock. Happy to eat my words, but it aint gonna happen. They have this whole other company called HSV that will take care of finishing 'on top' of Ford.

Well said, I roll my eyes when newbies come onboard adding their 5c which doesn't make any sense in the first place.

LastV8?

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VF2 Redline
Well either someone jumped the gun with partial update of dealer site images yesterday or Holden listened to you guys that prefer chrome because the blackout SSVR has been removed today. Maybe it was a market opinion exercise?
SSVR-chrome again.JPG

SuckSqueezeBangBlow

Reaction score
Members Ride
Heroin White VF2 SS Wagon

SuckSqueezeBangBlow

Reaction score
Members Ride
Heroin White VF2 SS Wagon
Three Rivers, California:

we have kangaroos, they have deer

LastV8?

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VF2 Redline
Nice (especially the red one). I don't think there are many who would say they wouldn't like a Camaro (at the right price). Maybe you could even buy a yellow one and it could 'Transform' into a 4 door sedan.