Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MY17 Specs and Release Date

Maxmad

Reaction score
Members Ride
E2 HSV R8
Don't pay too much attention to me - as I love red and am not a lover of blue BUT ... in the past few days I have seen a Light My Fire SSVR at a Holden dealer and a Light My Fire GTSR at HSV Head Office at Clayton. Both appeared exactly the same to me - a bronzey/goldy colour. I really wanted to love the orange - as my first ever car (XB Falcon coupe) was burnt orange - but I couldn't love this at all. It was a real eye opener as photos on the internet often appeared quite bright orange - but in real life it was more bronze. My wife saw the SSVR and my son saw the GTSR - and both used the same word (bronze) as soon as they saw it, and both thought it was a pretty average colour. As others have said - it reminds me a lot of Tiga - a colour that was exciting and new for a few months, then dated and old for ever after.

doug05

Reaction score
Members Ride
CV8Z Monaro & VF2 SSV Redline
On the other hand, LMF reminds me of fusion which was the hero colour for the CV8Z Monaros. Call me biased (as I have a CV8Z in this colour), but it still looks mint to this day (to me at least). So much so that a matching LMF Redline is a very tempting proposition!

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..
Having seen that exact Light My Fire car in the photos myself, I'm now wondering about my choice of Slipstream Blue. The orange is more unique, and I do generally like orange as a colour. On the other hand it's more gold than orange in some ways, and I do wonder if I'll be sick of looking at it in a decade from now, whereas I probably won't get sick of looking at a nice blue.

My current VE is Ignition and I think the part I'll miss the most about it is the colour!

As @panhead said..it looks the same as the old tiger mica VT's ?? And quite frankly, they look **** now IMO. Is it similar in the flesh as it is in pics?

If I was buying now, it'd be white (again lol..) followed by SOAG or slipstream.

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY 17 SSV SOAG Redline
Hi all.

What are people's thought on soag?

Wifw really liked the look st the photo when selecting colour on Holden websites build and price... mock up looks a really dark grey almost charcoal... although when I see pics on the net and some YouTube vids it seems a lot lighter... shame as it looks awesome in the mock up...

Also I have read of the SSV embossing of the seats? Does anyone have a high they can post?

Thanks,

Hobbit

Maxmad

Reaction score
Members Ride
E2 HSV R8
On the other hand, LMF reminds me of fusion which was the hero colour for the CV8Z Monaros. Call me biased (as I have a CV8Z in this colour), but it still looks mint to this day (to me at least). So much so that a matching LMF Redline is a very tempting proposition!

Sorry - I can't really recall Fusion. I have recently seen two cars in Fantale though - and thought they looked great (and I hoped that LMF would look similar). I was disappointed with LMF though - as it was far more Tiga Mica and not really Fantale at all. I have to say though - beauty is in the eye of the beholder - so I have no doubt that a lot of people will love LMF. Also - if you get a car in LMF or Spitfire or SOAG - you at least know that your car will stand out from the previous model colours. This played on my mind a bit - as I am getting red again for a third time (and it is the same red that has been around for years and years) - but in the end I decided that being personally happy with the colour (long term) was more important than standing out from the crowd.

Bottom line? It's hard to imagine that any buyer of a final year V8 model will be unhappy - regardless of the colour. We will drive them (hopefully) and love them (definitely).

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
Hi all.

Wifw really liked the look st the photo when selecting colour on Holden websites build and price... mock up looks a really dark grey almost charcoal... although when I see pics on the net and some YouTube vids it seems a lot lighter... shame as it looks awesome in the mock up...

Also I have read of the SSV embossing of the seats? Does anyone have a high they can post?

Thanks,

Hobbit
Looks sweet, nice in sun

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
As @panhead said..it looks the same as the old tiger mica VT's ?? And quite frankly, they look **** now IMO. Is it similar in the flesh as it is in pics?

If I was buying now, it'd be white (again lol..) followed by SOAG or slipstream.

I liked Tiger Mica when it was first released but as a hero colour it was so popular it became almost vomit inducing as they were everywhere and it really did date the cars.

Now that a lot of those cars have gone to the boneyard you don’t see it much these days and the Commodores today with the ‘Light My Fire’ paintjobs will be far fewer in numbers than all the VT’s which means it could prove to be a good choice.

Still not sure if I’ve gotten over Tiger Mica but I would more likely want a car that stood out from the crowd even if it was a little out there.

Ford’s XY 'Wild Violet' & XA 'Wild Plum', Charger’s 'Magenta' and the HQ & Torana's 'Strike Me Pink' all come to mind as colours I wouldn’t have bought in the day but would go one of each now.

Trofius

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline sportwagon
Hi all.

Thanks,

Hobbit

Like a lot of the newer holden colours they can appear very different, depending on light and angle... in any thing other than bright sunlight it is quite dark

IMAG1845_zpsoprge4nu.jpg

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
I'm not fully convinced of SOAG with black wheels, in the same way I'm not fully convinced of Regal Peacock with black wheels; however, I preferred Regal Peacock over every other colour regardless of wheel colour (and still prefer black to the nasty matte-chrome ones they would've delivered our car with had I not protested :)), so can see why you'd have the same opinion of SOAG.

MY17DIR

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 LE Director....
LMF and SOAG are both very different colours when they are in the sun. LMF may look bronze in the shade or a show room but get it in the sun and its sparkle is amazing. Each to their own.