Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MY17 Specs and Release Date

RedBadge

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 & VF SSV Redline LMF
Hi Redbadge it's a great colour to look at and I'm very pleased with my choice. It's an auto, have had manuals in the past but just wanted something relaxing. Even if I had wanted a manual I would have had to of hunted one down as my dealer had sold all his allocated manuals by late January. Still working on treatment for the duco, limited options where I live so may have to go to Melbourne. Does look pretty damn good though with just a detail.
Yeah i know what you mean about the auto being relaxing. Yes the colour is growing on me too but I'm still a bit disappointed that there wasn't more choice and can't see why they just didn't add the new colours to the existing ones.
I'm flying out Wednesday week to pick mine up. Glad it wasn't this week. I expect to be flooded in tomorrow and we are 200 k's off the coast well away from the worst of it but still roughly in the watch / warning zone.

Jag150601

Reaction score
Members Ride
Rav4
In the end were they happy to supply the photos or did it take a bit of convincing

Strattos

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VFII SS
Curious about this as well. Is going through Holden customer care the way to go instead of the dealer you bought the car from?

Martin Norris

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais 5.7
Hi Redbadge it's a great colour to look at and I'm very pleased with my choice. It's an auto, have had manuals in the past but just wanted something relaxing. Even if I had wanted a manual I would have had to of hunted one down as my dealer had sold all his allocated manuals by late January. Still working on treatment for the duco, limited options where I live so may have to go to Melbourne. Does look pretty damn good though with just a detail.
Hi LMF 17, re paint treatments have you looked at the Waxit site, I'm going Polishangle Glasscoat, not cheap but alot cheaper than getting it done by a detailer. The invincable primer is a diminishing polish but they reckon it privides up to 24 months protection with a 9H hardness. You order it over the net so it would save you the trip to Melb. Just a suggestion.

LastV8?

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VF2 Redline
LMF17 that sucks! i went bank cheque as a wire transfer of that much cash doesn't float my boat.

well until tomorrow morning, i thought after having mine for two weeks i should probably put up a pic, and hopefully it'll make you get even more excited for tomorrow! plus i needed a new desktop wallpaper so.. :p
That really shows off the colour well and suits the wagon!

LMF 17

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSVR
Hi LMF 17, re paint treatments have you looked at the Waxit site, I'm going Polishangle Glasscoat, not cheap but alot cheaper than getting it done by a detailer. The invincable primer is a diminishing polish but they reckon it privides up to 24 months protection with a 9H hardness. You order it over the net so it would save you the trip to Melb. Just a suggestion.
Thanks for the advice Martin Norris I'll check that out.

LMF 17

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSVR
Interesting email from Holden Customer Care today after I emailed them to inquire about getting build photos of the new car. Advice provided was that I would be emailed a link after 10th April to my registered email address that would enable me to download production photos. It went on to say that they have been getting a number of requests for them, so they've set up a process. I'll hang in there until mid April and if no link I'll be back on to them. Just wondering if anybody else has heard something similar.

Hyperduc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Redline Wagon
Good job LMF 17, keep into them. Mines due for delivery mid July and I want mine too.

Redline 2017

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VF 2 SSV REDLINE
Interesting email from Holden Customer Care today after I emailed them to inquire about getting build photos of the new car. Advice provided was that I would be emailed a link after 10th April to my registered email address that would enable me to download production photos. It went on to say that they have been getting a number of requests for them, so they've set up a process. I'll hang in there until mid April and if no link I'll be back on to them. Just wondering if anybody else has heard something similar.
I have been told they personally can't help me, however they may be able to direct me to a dept that can... So far, nothing