Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MY17 Specs and Release Date

VFII•17

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MY17 SS-V Redline Sedan LMF
mine looks blurry as in the car had started moving from that station before the photo went off. i dont know if i can be bothered chasing them up for a larger file, i found it strange they could not email them (3mb + 3mb is well within email limits) maybe they did it on purpose to provide the lower res versions.. anyway, heres mine

View attachment 191095 View attachment 191096

I like everyone's posts of the pics of their car's production vehicle, etc and how much trouble they are trying to get them. I had no inclination to get mine when I first saw one, but was thinking more and more that I may try and get mine. I also notice that everyone is having some sort of trouble trying to obtain them, and the photos have been a bit blurry. I like these pics as it will look the same as my car, so don't mind if I copy and paste if I can't get my pics. It may look exactly the same :rolleyes:

zero_tolerance

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VFII Redline
I like everyone's posts of the pics of their car's production vehicle, etc and how much trouble they are trying to get them. I had no inclination to get mine when I first saw one, but was thinking more and more that I may try and get mine. I also notice that everyone is having some sort of trouble trying to obtain them, and the photos have been a bit blurry. I like these pics as it will look the same as my car, so don't mind if I copy and paste if I can't get my pics. It may look exactly the same :rolleyes:

Lol, but you will always know that it isn't really your car, so that makes it a bit pointless.

mrjasonhong

Reaction score
Members Ride
SOAG MY17 VFII SS-V Redline Sportwagon
Congrats mrjasonhong enjoy your time giving it heaps. Sorry "running it in" what colour is the strip on the back? Chrome or black?
Love the 20's. Well done.
G'day mate, baby steps for running it in HAHAHAHAH. If you mean the strip on the tailgate, it's chrome. Which I don't actually mind to be honest

VFII•17

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah they are all blurry like that Troyziee, mine is exactly the same...
View attachment 191097

Let me point out something about photos. They are probably not using the highest quality cameras, like a Canon 1D or 5D. The depth of field is quite short (aperture is open wide) so the foreground and background may be out of focus and the middle bits will be in focus. They may have it on auto focus and it may focus on something that is not the front of the car. Or they may have it on manual focus to make the pics a little burry on purpose. So it brief, you're not going to get a spectacular studio shot of your car in production. Yes, I know, you can take better shots with your iPhone or Android phone...

mrjasonhong

Reaction score
Members Ride
SOAG MY17 VFII SS-V Redline Sportwagon
Love the pic! Congrats! I also like the black bonnet protector on your car, as it looks good with the SOAG, but probably not on any other colour. A big step up from a Suzuki Swift - you may notice a little bit more power. I would like to see more pics.. later maybe.. :)

Thanks heaps mate. The black bonnet protector was actually a suggestion from the dealer as I initially optioned a clear one. Right before delivery he rang me and basically convinced me to change to black and thank god I did :D Going from say 40-70 in the swift required a bit of pedal movement. With a V8 however just a gentle nudge and you're there already AHHAHAHA loving it. As for photos they will definitely be more as I a quite a photography nut. The photo I posted was actually taken on an iPhone 7 Plus with slight processing in VSCO cam app.

VFII•17

Reaction score
Members Ride
Call me a conspiracy theorist, but how do you guys know the pics are of your particular cars ?

I quoted a very similar thing! I think all of those LMF cars are mine, and I'm not getting my car until end of May. Just recycle the pics..

Trofius

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline sportwagon
Let me point out something about photos. They are probably not using the highest quality cameras, like a Canon 1D or 5D. The depth of field is quite short (aperture is open wide) so the foreground and background may be out of focus and the middle bits will be in focus. They may have it on auto focus and it may focus on something that is not the front of the car. Or they may have it on manual focus to make the pics a little burry on purpose. So it brief, you're not going to get a spectacular studio shot of your car in production. Yes, I know, you can take better shots with your iPhone or Android phone...
my pics are very clear and huge. Set focus point I recon, trigger ed when the car gets to the spot....everyone's card are in the exact same spot.

zero_tolerance

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VFII Redline
So my car got detailed and Opticoated today. Pick it up tomorrow, but just my luck there is bloody rain forecast.
Some pics my detailer sent me...
Resized_20170329_170422.jpeg Resized_20170329_170442.jpeg Resized_20170329_170507.jpg