Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MY17 Specs and Release Date

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY 17 SSV SOAG Redline
Thanks Hobbitus.
Just a few little cosmetic changes, nothing else needed. Every man to his own.

I decided May last year to buy a Redline, but wanted the SOAG. So I had to wait and order late November and got married to her Jan 25th. Worth the wait though as you can see.
Enjoy the feeling of anticipation on delivery its all part of the experience. I enjoyed it and when you are inside her its complete and your in heaven.
Oops! sounds like 50 shades of grey. A segway on your comment.... "I love how at some angles it is getting that really dark look similar to the colour on Holden's price and build spec sheet".
The colour variation is surprising on the different time of day and various weather conditions. I swear one day she looked black.

As to opti-coat, i decided not to, as i would be caressing her every few days keeping her clean. So i use a good product called 'Fully Slick' made by Bowden's ( check out this site https://www.autobarn.com.au/cc06212 )
Man, especially on a new car , when touching the paint after an application of Fully Slick its an extra sensual experience.
Not to forget it gives her a fully gloss look as you can see.

As for Pics i haven't taken any yet, but plenty of good ones online.

All the best.
Yes it does indeed come up the goods...

Was more looking for people with the MY17 in a manual for some interior pics... I know they did a blackout to the interior as well dropping the chrome surrounds for the most part..:

Closest I have come to getting inside one is cupping my hand against the window of one in a car park and drooling... people who have seen me must think I have a problem lol

The next 2 months and a bit are going to be torture lol

H

agd

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
Yes it does indeed come up the goods...

Was more looking for people with the MY17 in a manual for some interior pics... I know they did a blackout to the interior as well dropping the chrome surrounds for the most part..:

Closest I have come to getting inside one is cupping my hand against the window of one in a car park and drooling... people who have seen me must think I have a problem lol

The next 2 months and a bit are going to be torture lol

H
Better late than never. Sun wasn't in best spot for photo taking.

Attachments

• IMG_5426.JPG
    IMG_5426.JPG
    236.7 KB · Views: 271
  • IMG_5427.JPG
    IMG_5427.JPG
    202.4 KB · Views: 269

agd

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
And one of outside with tint and opticoat done!

Attachments

• IMG_5431.JPG
    IMG_5431.JPG
    432.9 KB · Views: 268

Dirty Harry

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF MY17 Series 2 Redline - Red Hot
And one of outside with tint and opticoat done!

nice. I am going RedHot as well but was starting to have some doubts after reading all the SOAG posts.

what tint do you have on it and do you still have the 19's wheels on it? I cant make it out on my phone. Cheers.

gla

Reaction score
Members Ride
Motorsport Edition, VT 195i Calais
Nice choice! LMF it is. BTW the colour in the pic is Prussian Steel - a colour discontinued in 2016 and replaced with SOAG for 2017 which is a much darker grey.

Hi TheBman. Looking great.
BTW, did you get the towbar installed in the factory and what electrical plug got installed??

Martin Norris

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais 5.7
Well done VL Executive. Glad your dealer came through for you.

I picked up my LMF redline yesterday. My dealer advised that wrt the production line photos they will be emailed from holden in the next few weeks so we'll see what happens.
Hey RedBadge, so the day has finally come for you, congratulations mate, hope the delivery/handover went well. So, first impressions? How was she on the trip home? I hope the roads are still in reasonable condition WRT the recent rain/floods. And the colour, are you learning to love it yet? I know, questions questions but I'm keen to hear your feedback/opinion. PS Correct me if I'm wrong but did you say you're doing a ute resto at the moment.

TheBman

Reaction score
Members Ride
Captiva LX
BTW, did you get the towbar installed in the factory and what electrical plug got installed??

Thanks!

Bah, you know what, I have been so flat out, I have checked over the whole car with a fine tooth comb since it arrived, and didn't even check the connection type, but it would have to be 8-pin flat I think (will confirm). And it was fitted at the dealership mate.

I did get a tow hitch cover, so I only have the hitch in when I need it, otherwise it's out with the rubber tow hitch cover in place.

Trofius

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline sportwagon
Tow ball plug is the flat one, comes as a complete plug in wiring harness that deactivated the reversing sensors when something is plugged into it.