Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MY17 Specs and Release Date

Walfers62

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SS-V Redline Manual
I'm pretty sure it's the same colour, just a different name for the US market. Son of a gun grey is called nightfall grey over there, and nitrate is called silver ice metallic
+1

I've heard a few people say the W1 orange is different, but I'm sure they are the same as well.

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
They will be the same colour. They just name it different for different markets. HSV have also had different colour names

Holden17

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 SV6 ute/MY17 LMF SS wagon
This is what I am thinking of - back on page 64 of this thread (3Jan2017) 'zero tolerance' posted two images to compare Fantale with LMF.
'Timandhayley' replied on the same day, That's not light my fire. That's the original VF show car, which was hand built and in a special custom colour. Light my fire is much more orange than bronze.
The show car colour, as Timandhayley refer to it, looks like 'orange burst' above whereas LMF in images & in the metal from what I have seen is not that dark (even allowing for the fact the pics above are indoors etc).
I know it doesn't make sense for Holden to have two similar yet different paints for the home market & the US but there are other differences between the two models of course also. Is there anyone here with contacts at the factory level that could verify?

Walfers62

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SS-V Redline Manual
This is what I am thinking of - back on page 64 of this thread (3Jan2017) 'zero tolerance' posted two images to compare Fantale with LMF.
'Timandhayley' replied on the same day, That's not light my fire. That's the original VF show car, which was hand built and in a special custom colour. Light my fire is much more orange than bronze.
The show car colour, as Timandhayley refer to it, looks like 'orange burst' above whereas LMF in images & in the metal from what I have seen is not that dark (even allowing for the fact the pics above are indoors etc).
I know it doesn't make sense for Holden to have two similar yet different paints for the home market & the US but there are other differences between the two models of course also. Is there anyone here with contacts at the factory level that could verify?
I'll just look at the colours codes tomorrow in global system!

Martin Norris

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais 5.7
Hi Holden17, there is someone who has posted previously who works on the paint line, I'll see if I can find him.

Holden17

Reaction score
Members Ride
Thanks Walfers & Martin - I would appreciate that!

crew_man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SV6 Reserve Edition Sportwagon

One of the paint engineers at the time told me that the show-car colour is very hard to achieve and requires many layers to achieve the desired effect, which is impossible to achieve in the factory.

I imagine that the HSV is the same LMF orange, but may appear different due to the increased contrast on the HSV as it has much more black (which is mostly matte) than a standard Commodore.

Holden17

Reaction score
Members Ride
One of the paint engineers at the time told me that the show-car colour is very hard to achieve and requires many layers to achieve the desired effect, which is impossible to achieve in the factory.

I imagine that the HSV is the same LMF orange, but may appear different due to the increased contrast on the HSV as it has much more black (which is mostly matte) than a standard Commodore.
Yes, I was wondering about the contrast making a difference. The only ones I have seen in the car yards have been SS & SV6 which both have more chrome & of course no tinting, so yes I'm thinking that makes a difference.
HOWEVER, the ones I've seen previously have been in bright sunshine except for one in a showroom during opening hours & although I walked into the showroom & had a good look around it, the colour still didn't look as dark as Louie's above.
BUT, tonight after dark I've had a look around a car yard with an SV6 LMF and although there were a few high spotlights in the yard I couldn't get over how dark the LMF looked compared to those I've seen in daytime. So yeah, now I'm thinking there is an amazing difference (to my eyes anyway) between LMF in daylight and LMF after dark!

zero_tolerance

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VFII Redline

Yes I remember that... That one off custom colour is called Fantale Candy (not to be confused with Fantale). I mistook that colour as being LMF as that was what was coming up when I searched for LMF on google images.
In regards to the W1, I'm certain that it's the same Light My Fire as my car.
Orange blast = Chevy name for Light My Fire.

Fantale
ssv4.jpg

Fantale Candy
28cd6vt.jpg

Light My Fire
20170404_090821.jpg

W1
2017-hsv-gtsr-w1-78.jpg

There is also another orange called "Burning Hot" on the Barina and Trax.
cd4647986552240525397.jpg

Last edited:

Holden17

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yes I remember that... That one off custom colour is called Fantale Candy (not to be confused with Fantale). I mistook that colour as being LMF as that was what was coming up when I searched for LMF on google images.
In regards to the W1, I'm certain that it's the same Light My Fire as my car.
Orange blast = Chevy name for Light My Fire.

Fantale
ssv4.jpg

Fantale Candy
28cd6vt.jpg

Light My Fire
View attachment 191688

W1
2017-hsv-gtsr-w1-78.jpg

There is also another orange called "Burning Hot" on the Barina and Trax.
View attachment 191689
Thanks for putting these pics together Zero!
It's obviously the sunlight. Louie's orange blast above looks closer to fantale candy than to LMF as was the LMF I saw in the metal after dark tonight, which looked closer to fantale candy than the LMF I'm used to seeing if that makes sense. The LMF seems a number of shades darker when not under sunlight (either direct or ambient daylight) moreso than just about any other colour I've seen.
Although I have been fooled into thinking Regal Peacock was Phantom on more than one occasion.