Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MY17 Specs and Release Date

mrjasonhong

Reaction score
Members Ride
SOAG MY17 VFII SS-V Redline Sportwagon
First of all, congratulations on your new ride! Love to see some pics very soon...

Second, the car I was referring to at Booran was an LMF out the front and that I haven't seen one on the road yet (that's 3 LMF at 3 Holden separate dealers vs 0 - that's zero - on the road.) I did see a SS-V Redline SOAG for the first time on the road, and it looked really schmick! Especially in the bright Melbourne sun today!
I have yet to see a LMF on the roads as well. the only SOAG i have seen on the road was a redline wagon (with hf20, so same as mine) in a shopping centre carpark. Im in the sydney south west area. AlthoughI regularly see a VF series 1 in the LMF test colour

VFII•17

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MY17 SS-V Redline Sedan LMF
I have yet to see a LMF on the roads as well. the only SOAG i have seen on the road was a redline wagon (with hf20, so same as mine) in a shopping centre carpark. Im in the sydney south west area. AlthoughI regularly see a VF series 1 in the LMF test colour

The LMF test colour that you are seeing is most likely Fantale - a flat orange colour. Have a look at zero's sample colours a couple of pages back.

VFII•17

Reaction score
Members Ride
Fantastic, it does feel like it will never happen, the constant date dodging frustrated us no end... It will happen, I personally can't wait.

Neither can I - for my car and for yours!
SS-V 12 days to go.PNG

VFII•17

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yep. In ~12years of driving and 16 cars I'd bloody have to get my first puncture on the 3week old redline ute.....

Yes, bugger... I've had a number of punctures in numerous cars, but nothing is as bad as a 3in/75mm nail through the bottom and sidewall of one of my 19in Dunlop tyres (factory fitted) on my Captiva. I went to 4 tyre places and all stated that they could not repair the sidewall of any tyre, so I got quoted $575 for a shitty Dunlop replacement. For $60 more I replaced 2 new tyres with another brand (not much better) and keep the other tyre as a spare. Well, that spare (although a little worn) came in handy after 6 years.

So let us know what it cost to repair, or worst case, replace the tyre. I am sure we would all be curious...

VFII•17

Reaction score
Members Ride
View attachment 191886
Getting closer by the second!.....little longer for me...:mad:

Patience my friend.. patience.. :cool:
Don't forget, I've been waiting since the end of January. The first 2 months I was too busy doing other things so it didn't bother me. The 3rd month was planning to move some stuff around the garage, but then decided to move everything around and paint the floor. This last month has been frantic, as I installed the counter app and I am frantically trying to paint the garage floor. This is keeping me busy until it arrives and I hopefully pick it up in the next 2 weeks :confused:

Last edited:

zero_tolerance

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VFII Redline
First of all, congratulations on your new ride! Love to see some pics very soon...

Second, the car I was referring to at Booran was an LMF out the front and that I haven't seen one on the road yet (that's 3 LMF at 3 Holden separate dealers vs 0 - that's zero - on the road.) I did see a SS-V Redline SOAG for the first time on the road, and it looked really schmick! Especially in the bright Melbourne sun today!

Booran now has 2 LMF out the front, a Redline and an SS. Spotted an LMF Redline at Heritage Holden Lilydale the other day too.
Like you, I am yet to see one actually driving on the road yet. Makes me feel quite exclusive. :) I must say my car is quite a head turner. The amount of people I see turning their heads and staring is quite amusing. Even had a group of elderly ladies at a tram stop turn around admire it when I pulled up beside them.

theott

Reaction score
Members Ride
vf2 ssv redline
A question to the guys with the my17's. The tpms is it just the flat tyre picture or is it a more 'animated' set up?

rossimo

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt s2 wagon
Yes, bugger... I've had a number of punctures in numerous cars, but nothing is as bad as a 3in/75mm nail through the bottom and sidewall of one of my 19in Dunlop tyres (factory fitted) on my Captiva. I went to 4 tyre places and all stated that they could not repair the sidewall of any tyre, so I got quoted $575 for a shitty Dunlop replacement. For $60 more I replaced 2 new tyres with another brand (not much better) and keep the other tyre as a spare. Well, that spare (although a little worn) came in handy after 6 years.

So let us know what it cost to repair, or worst case, replace the tyre. I am sure we would all be curious...
Yeah sidewall punctures are the worst, this one was awfully close to the sidewall but thankfully wasn't as bad as first thought, it was close to the sidewall but the local bridgestone joint managed to plug and repair it. 30 bucks in the end, better than the ~580 retail they reckon for a rear, although they said they would drop it to ~450. Fronts were ~450 retail but would drop to around 3-350. Not really looking forward to replacing these tyres haha.

rossimo

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt s2 wagon
A question to the guys with the my17's. The tpms is it just the flat tyre picture or is it a more 'animated' set up?
Flat tyre pic, beeped and displayed to let me know the LHR tyre was down on pressure, 188kpa instead of the others which were at ~260kpa. Found out yesterday unfortunately.