Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MY17 Specs and Release Date

Martin Norris

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais 5.7
SuperCoach has got a brand new 16 redline with hf20s and will have a MSE next week, I've asked if he can measure the ride heights of both and compare, will be interesting to see if the mrc setup has the car sitting higher or lower than fe3
G'day PSISLE, Ask him to check out the rear springs, they'll have yellow paint on them, 10mm lower. The front springs are new for the MSE, 15mm lower.

Bairdyss

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 LMF Redline
Very nice mate. Enjoy the pick up day and welcome to the LMF Redline club.

Cheers Redbadge

Sunday morning and the day is fine, dealer has made contact this morning to see if we want to have another go today with picking up. So 11am it is not long now.

Excited about being part of the double Redline/LMF club.

Bairdyss

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 LMF Redline
Hi Zero_Tolerance

Weather fine today and dealer has been in contact so at 11am we become members of the Redline/LMF club.

Hyperduc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Redline Wagon
Can't wait to hear of the first impressions.

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY 17 SSV SOAG Redline
Hi all,

Had an update from my dealer...

Baby will be going down the line on the 15th of June with delivery to dealer on the 19th.

Still hoping to get down for work but have decided to get trucked over to Canberra.

Dealer needs a few days for fitting of accessories etc. so could hopefully have it on the road and in my possession around about the 26th or 28th - original expected deliver date to dealer.

Not even in the new house yet so it could all happen at once lol...

Now just need work to pay for my flights... :)

H

theott

Reaction score
Members Ride
vf2 ssv redline
Hi all,

Had an update from my dealer...

Baby will be going down the line on the 15th of June with delivery to dealer on the 19th.

Still hoping to get down for work but have decided to get trucked over to Canberra.

Dealer needs a few days for fitting of accessories etc. so could hopefully have it on the road and in my possession around about the 26th or 28th - original expected deliver date to dealer.

Not even in the new house yet so it could all happen at once lol...

Now just need work to pay for my flights... :)

H

mine should only be a couple days behind yours as its scheduled delivery to Toowoomba dealer is 30th of june. Cant wait to get back in to one. Its been a long 3 months!!!

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY 17 SSV SOAG Redline
Yeah... I had a house build / move to try and keep my mind off it lol

Though now looks like will all be at the same time...

Saw a SOAG in the flesh for the first time at a dealer in Moruya... look even better than pictures can do justice...

I'm counting redlines driving over bridges to try and get to sleep lol

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY 17 SSV SOAG Redline
Just out of curiousity, apart from Dirty Harry and myself, are there any other Canberrans that are proud MY17 Redline owners / about to be owners??

As above, I have only seen 1 SOAG Redline in the flesh... have seen a couple of red and white ones but that's about it around town...

Surely there must be a few more out there?

Hobbit

Strattos

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VFII SS
Last time I spoke to dealer (about 6 weeks ago) target build was 3rd week of June with a target delivery date of 28th. Plenty of work to get done before that including getting garage floor concreted. So what do you think now your a few weeks into ownership, does she live up to expectations? Not surprised re ute progress, plenty of time over winter for that, make hay whilst the sun's still shining. I read a few posts above re ride height, I'm of the opinion Holden have put a huge amount of work into making these cars one of the best handeling sports sedans on the market, my mess with something that would be very difficult to improve. I understand some think they appear to ride a bit high which is fair enough, each to their own and as you stated individual circumstances and intended use come into play. Appart from the visual aspect of lowering it does provide a handeling benifit of reducing the center of gravity and hence the inclination to body roll. Interesting to note the MSE's will ride a little lower than the Redline, I expect for handeling reasons.

Looks like ours will be on the production line around the same time, i've been given June 27 delivery date and same week as you in terms of when it goes on the line. Just curious, how long ago did you order yours, or did you specify you wanted it around this time? I ordered mine early Feb.

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY 17 SSV SOAG Redline
Looks like ours will be on the production line around the same time, i've been given June 27 delivery date and same week as you in terms of when it goes on the line. Just curious, how long ago did you order yours, or did you specify you wanted it around this time? I ordered mine early Feb.
Hi Strattos,

I had my paperwork signed and sent off on the 7th march... took a few days for all to go through and had confirmation from dealer that the order had gone through on around the 15th March.

Original dealer delivery date was for 28 June.

So it coming in sooner than expected.

I just beat another allocation that was to arrive around mid July.

H