Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MY17 Specs and Release Date

Hyperduc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Redline Wagon
Our redline sportwagon due in Canberra middle of June too. Looking forward to that. ;)

theott

Reaction score
Members Ride
vf2 ssv redline
Looks like ours will be on the production line around the same time, i've been given June 27 delivery date and same week as you in terms of when it goes on the line. Just curious, how long ago did you order yours, or did you specify you wanted it around this time? I ordered mine early Feb.
mine was ordered on the 24 of april, luckily they had one at stage 30 I believe so I jumped the cue, maybe because it was an insurance replacement they moved me up the list (Toowoomba holden not holden aus)

Martin Norris

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais 5.7
Looks like ours will be on the production line around the same time, i've been given June 27 delivery date and same week as you in terms of when it goes on the line. Just curious, how long ago did you order yours, or did you specify you wanted it around this time? I ordered mine early Feb.
G'Day Strattos, I ordered mine the day after they were released (21/01), no special instruction re holding back with dealer. Dealer told me target dates in march and that hasn't changed. To be honest putting delivery back another month would suit me, just because of the work I need to do on house (reno's). What did you order mate?

VFII•17

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MY17 SS-V Redline Sedan LMF
She's a beauty mate...
I'm the same, I can't bring myself to drive mine in the rain. I thoroughly check the weather forecast before I even contemplate taking it out of the garage.
Hope the weather clears up for you tomorrow.:)

With Melbourne weather looming towards Winter there will be rain on and off for the next few months. Melbourne's heaviest or most rainfall in Aug/Sep/Oct, so it looks like you may not be taking it out for a while :( The weather may be 'OK' by Wednesday for my collection.

VFII•17

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MY17 SS-V Redline Sedan LMF
View attachment 192275 View attachment 192273 View attachment 192271 Update on the new Redline. The day had arrived and today was going to be pickup day. So got up this morning feeling excited that today was the day that we were going to pick up the new redline, so I looked out the window to check the weather to find overcast skies outside. Thought as long as it stays like this we should be game on. Into the bathroom shave and shower got dressed and out to the kitchen for breakfast and reading the paper. Switched jug on went outside to grab paper and was meet with light drizzle, "****". Hummed and how'd about whether to risk the first trip in average conditions. While I was contiplating what to do I got a text from dealer asking if we were coming in to dealership today to pick car up as I had mentioned I wouldn't pick up if raining. I replied saying I wasn't sure and asked him what the weather was like in town? His reply made up my mind that we would wait until weather cleared and roads dried before taking our first trip in our new machine. When the dealer says it would be shame to get the car dirty on the first trip you know they care about their customer and their experience and also understands our anal this particular customer is about looking after his new pride and joy. So we decided we would have a trip to town anyway so my wife could view our new toy, a run through the documents with salesman and then leave the car behind hoping tomorrow is better and we can have another attempt to pick up. Even though tomorrow is Sunday and the dealership is closed the salesman said he would be happy to come in if the weather obliged. Fingers crossed that weather tomorrow is fine and we can complete the pickup and we can have our first drive in the redline. I have attached photos of the car sitting in the showroom waiting for pickup for all to enjoy.

Very nice! I will be collecting mine on Wednesday and she will be looking very similar, except without the towbar and with tinted windows. Melbourne's weather may be 'OK' but there may be patchy rain also. I'm collecting it either way, with a check on the weather forecast throughout the day. I can hang around the dealer all day if I have to :rolleyes: not that I would want to...

zero_tolerance

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VFII Redline
With Melbourne weather looming towards Winter there will be rain on and off for the next few months. Melbourne's heaviest or most rainfall in Aug/Sep/Oct, so it looks like you may not be taking it out for a while :( The weather may be 'OK' by Wednesday for my collection.
There was a little bit of sunshine this morning so I took it out for a cruise. I've only just hit 1700km in 3 months of ownership so it just goes to show how patchy the weather in Melbourne can be. Luckily I've got another couple of cars to choose from, so the Redline can stay put in the garage if the satellite shows any cloud approaching.

Hyperduc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Redline Wagon
Fair dinkim it like you blokes are getting motorbikes worried bout the rain. It's a car, should come with wipers and not get wet.

I understand though. It will get wet at some stage. Drive through dirt, just not yet pls.

Haha.

RedBadge

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 & VF SSV Redline LMF
Last time I spoke to dealer (about 6 weeks ago) target build was 3rd week of June with a target delivery date of 28th. Plenty of work to get done before that including getting garage floor concreted. So what do you think now your a few weeks into ownership, does she live up to expectations? Not surprised re ute progress, plenty of time over winter for that, make hay whilst the sun's still shining. I read a few posts above re ride height, I'm of the opinion Holden have put a huge amount of work into making these cars one of the best handeling sports sedans on the market, my mess with something that would be very difficult to improve. I understand some think they appear to ride a bit high which is fair enough, each to their own and as you stated individual circumstances and intended use come into play. Appart from the visual aspect of lowering it does provide a handeling benifit of reducing the center of gravity and hence the inclination to body roll. Interesting to note the MSE's will ride a little lower than the Redline, I expect for handeling reasons.
Hey Martin. The Redline is certainly living up to expectations, the only thing is I'm getting used to the grunt its got so it doesn't seem quite as spectacular to drive as when i brought it home but still very satisfying nevertheless. Probably the most comments i receive are in relation to the colour as both young and old(er) love it and i have not had a single negative comment so far. Generally when people see it in bright sunshine its game over. So yeah mate, pretty stoked with the car but the daily grind continues in order to keep it special and looking good. Do any members have experience with or recommendations as far as a good quality car cover is concerned ? Despite being in the garage, fine dust is a bit of an issue especially with the black roof, but I'm glad i optioned the black roof though just the same.

Last edited:

Bairdyss

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 LMF Redline
Very nice! I will be collecting mine on Wednesday and she will be looking very similar, except without the towbar and with tinted windows. Melbourne's weather may be 'OK' but there may be patchy rain also. I'm collecting it either way, with a check on the weather forecast throughout the day. I can hang around the dealer all day if I have to :rolleyes: not that I would want to...

Cheers VFII-17

Tow bar will only have limited use more for a bit of extra protection at the rear. The windows have been tinted to the max allowed in NZ, 35% tint max allowed. Enjoy your first drive I loved every minute of mine. Drives real smooth very impressed.

Bairdyss

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 LMF Redline
Fair dinkim it like you blokes are getting motorbikes worried bout the rain. It's a car, should come with wipers and not get wet.

I understand though. It will get wet at some stage. Drive through dirt, just not yet pls.

Haha.

Just not the first trip But yes it will get wet at some stage. Will have paint protection by then so will be easier to clean.