Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Mylink with an Android phone

Black X

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Redline Ute
Mine has had to be re-paired almost every Thursday. What is special about Thursday, I don't know, but it is really annoying.

steeVE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V Redline
Got my SS-V Redline Sedan last monday, have not had to re-pair the phone since I paired it at the dealership.

My music is also stored on a USB that only leaves the car if I need to add new music.. although i have the same problem of the song either changing
or starting somewhere later in the track as i re-enter the car.. it's not a big issue, but it does do my head in at times.

Has anyone else has their Mylink freeze & go completely white? Happened to me when i exited the navigation after a long trip.

zappaboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V6 Sportswagon, Motorsport Auto VE Ute
The manual actually states that Mylink does not work fully with iPhones which is not surprisely as the mylink is written on the QNX operating system which is version of Android. QNX is actually the OS that the latest Blackberry phones and tablets use as RIM purchased this product. Basically developers have realised that the world is moving away from Apple and the IOS OS and are putting all their resources into the android OS. In some respects this is a shame but is the reality.

knok_knok

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Evoke
I have a Samsung S4 and when linked via bluetooth, My Link doesn't see any music "folders".
Just all of the albums and their tracks mixed together in alphabetical order.

Any clues as to why?

VF Evoke

Anyone know why when linked via bluetooth I do not get folderss?

USB link does see folders.

?

CLuTZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Calais V Wagon
Sorry to bump up an old thread, but over the past 2 days I have been having some issues with MyLink.

It might sound weird, but MyLink has been receiving text messages from friends of mine, that were not sent to my phone number. That's right- I received 5 random sms's from 2 different friends that did not get sent to my phone, and were actually meant for someone else.

How messed up does that sound?? Glitch in the matrix perhaps??

zappaboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V6 Sportswagon, Motorsport Auto VE Ute
From experience using several different android based phones, this issue is usually resolved by upgrading to the latest Andriod firmware available for the phone. It does not seem to matter if the phone is based on Andriod 4.1, 4.2 or 4.3

CLuTZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Calais V Wagon
My phone (S3) is 3 months old and is up to date. It still doesn't explain why the car is receiving text messages that are not meant for me, and my phone isn't?

VFSSVUTE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Commodore Ute
My old boy has a redline ssv and he doesnt get the message tab option on his my link like mine where you can go in a get messages read out. my phines android and his is an iphone is that why or what could be the problem? mines an ssv

Flukey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
I believe for iPhone to work fully with Mylink it needs to be connected via cable.
It actually was designed around android.

shaneson

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf Sv6 Ve SSv
Have a Z2 with Vf sv6. On your phone go to settings...sound settings...select accessory...select other device. Turn off wi fi and everything will work including throwing any audio with no static. Sony hardware design flaw wi fi interfering with bt