Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Mystery leak

lockdown

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt
I have a coolant leak somewere in the very front, left of the engine in my vt. Thought it was the radiator but it is only leaking when engine has just stopped. Seams to lose about 1/2 litre or so then stops. Any ideas???

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
coolant overflow tank

billythakid

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx II Executive
As in other thread , if it's dumping out under passenger side guard in front of wheel then it's the overflow bottle , get a new radiator cap and it should all be happy . Get the cooling system pressure tested at a radiator shop to make sure it no gaskets are buggered

colourmesilver

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT1 98 SS 195i 5.0L 304 HSV ENHANCED
Also could be HVAC unit or heater core leaking as mine has just done, oh gotta love the commodores for this

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
Also could be HVAC unit or heater core leaking as mine has just done, oh gotta love the commodores for this

If it was that , then wouldn't it be leaking inside the car ?, I'd say overflow bottle , might pay get it pressure checked to be on the safe side .

colourmesilver

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT1 98 SS 195i 5.0L 304 HSV ENHANCED
If it was that , then wouldn't it be leaking inside the car ?, I'd say overflow bottle , might pay get it pressure checked to be on the safe side .
Yeah I noticed this double thread, coolant over flow bottle and crap loads of steam and possibly air in the system, try bleeding the air if ness and those bottle always get a nice big crack in em