Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

n/a ecotec mod ideas?

Jesse-James

Jesse-James
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
VS seriesII commodore S
hi i have just purchased a VSseriesII S pack but i am looking for a bit more power and fun from it. its a 5spd manual. as stock as a rock, down to the rims.
i was just wondering what i can get done to it. its n/a and i cant seem to find very many places to get stuff done to it.
i was looking at the raptor s/c kits, but im looking for something less powerful for now, and cheaper. maybe cam and ecu upgrades?
any help appreciated.
I live in kalgoorlie in WA, but can take the car to perth if needed.

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
keep the honeycomb mesh on the maf pipe, its there for a reason and is not going to be a restriction on a n/a v6.
as for mods, depending what sort of coin your talking about spending and what your after in return, id suggest something along the lines of -
good quality extractors, and if they dont come with a new y-piece (most dont) then a custom made one.
a 2 1/2" catback, with a decent glass pack muffler for a nice sound.
a VS supercharged CAI, in conjunction with a hi-flow air filter, you can use a pod if you like but make it enclosed and have the CAI running to it.
some high ratio roller rockers, there's plenty of different ratios around, something like the 1.97's would be good.
then a retuned memcal to suit these mods, you'd be surprised to see how well the ecotec responds to breathing mods and a tune, quite an improvement over stock.
all this would set you back about $2k, just for parts.

Jesse-James

Jesse-James
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
VS seriesII commodore S
2k for a pod, extractors, high ratio rocker set-up and tune. tht sounds pretty cheap. but being in kal, thed probably charge another 1k lol.
wel thts looking right for my budget. i have to do each thing in steps, cause i am also fixing a few other things soon, such as lighting kit for the interior, and maybe an underbody light kit to, and some new speakers up front cause i dislike sony Xplod.
for the parts you mentioned above, does anyone have any good brands or specific links?
much appreciated thnkx

MyStreetCar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore V6
Hi Jesse,

I have recently rebuilt a VS V6 Ecotec Commodore as an on-line project.

The engine was kept naturally aspirated and I achieved an actual gain of 31 kw as compared to the standard engine.

My web site is: www.mystreetcar.com.au

If you get a moment,it out. Their may be some ideas and info that may help you with your upgrade plans.

Good luck

Peter

Tadgh

itsjustasix
Reaction score
Members Ride
blown VS executive SII, 5sp
Mate have a look at www.v6supercharged.com.au these guys are in Perth and do alot of work with the L67 and a little with the ecotec, but you will find your 1.97 roller rockers there ( i just installed a set on the weekend and noticed the difference) and they are also working on a new type of CAI kit for the VS which they seem really excited about, i am waiting for this one to be released myself before i go from the pod setup to CAI. As far as the raptor kit goes i would have to say chucking one of those on my VS was the best thing i ever did!

Jesse-James

Jesse-James
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
VS seriesII commodore S
sweet guys.
i took some advie.
atm im going to get:
pacemaker headers
custom cat back exhaust
SS inductions CAI
high ratio rockers from FIT.
i didnt know FIT were in perth? well thats handy!
thnkx lots guys.
how much did the raptor kit cost you? full kit to suit a VS ecotec?

calais_cruzin

Calais_Rattling....
Reaction score
Members Ride
92 VP Calais 3.8
Dont bother spending 300+ on the SS induction CAI, go to holden and get a VS S/C CAI for around 45 for the mouth n pipe then u just gotta cut the box a lil to make the bigger pipe fit.

Raptor kit goes for bout 5-6K by memory

Tadgh

itsjustasix
Reaction score
Members Ride
blown VS executive SII, 5sp
non-intercooled, with everything included even the tuned MEMCAL was 5 grand and worth every cent. I would seriously consider holding off for FIT's new type V CAI though. But a sneaky friend told me a cheap way to get the SS CAI is to ring them and tell them you need a replacement piece, and buy it in bits. It works out at about $160 instead of the 300 odd they are asking for the kit!

Jesse-James

Jesse-James
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
VS seriesII commodore S
well i will go and see holden in the next few days. sounds like a sweet idea.
5k for the raptor. maybe to much for now, but i plan tht for the mid-future. once i pay the car off of course.
well i will check out FITs new kit for the CAI, but atm the holden s/c thing will have to do for a bit.