Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Name and Shame.

Status
Not open for further replies.

gopher

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
LMAO what kind of dweeb checks that all their lights are working everytime they get in the car.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
LMAO what kind of dweeb makes sure their driving a roadworthy car.

Fixed your post. The answer, a responsible driver.

Yes i'm well aware there isn't many of those on the road, pity there isn't more (and a shame theres not many on this forum)

jakbob

Lighten up.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS, VC L, VK Vacationer
Get off the grass sunshine. I posted my opinion, and he had a problem with being wrong. Going by stocky, i'm not the only one that makes sure all my lights work. And it should be a given for EVERYone.

Thats true, you should check all your lights before you drive anywhere.
But I don't think the cops should ever be able to do you for having a brake/tail light out.
Another apprentice at work got done in his hyundai coupe (<theres the problem right there I know) for having no brake lights.
He'd just picked it up from the mechanics getting something done to the clutch and I guess they some how unhooked his brake lights. He copped a hefty fine and a demerit point, which I thought was grossly unfair, because even though he should have checked his lights before he left the mechanics, who's to say that maybe they were working when he left and failed as he was driving along.
Seems more likely that something would go wrong when the car is driving along, what with vibrations etc.
Even if he had checked his brake lights and they were working, what are the odds the cop would have believed him and let him off? Pretty slim I think.
Bit off topic but it really annoyed me at the time.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Thats true, you should check all your lights before you drive anywhere.
But I don't think the cops should ever be able to do you for having a brake/tail light out.
Another apprentice at work got done in his hyundai coupe (<theres the problem right there I know) for having no brake lights.
He'd just picked it up from the mechanics getting something done to the clutch and I guess they some how unhooked his brake lights. He copped a hefty fine and a demerit point, which I thought was grossly unfair, because even though he should have checked his lights before he left the mechanics, who's to say that maybe they were working when he left and failed as he was driving along.
Seems more likely that something would go wrong when the car is driving along, what with vibrations etc.
Even if he had checked his brake lights and they were working, what are the odds the cop would have believed him and let him off? Pretty slim I think.
Bit off topic but it really annoyed me at the time.
I had the brake light switch fail on me while i was driving (i know they were working fine before i left because they reflected off the headlights off my other car), cop pulled up next to me at the lights and just said, brake lights aren't working, get them fixed, have a nice night.

Have to agree, getting a huge fine is abit of a joke, unless its clear that you have no regard for it (ie every light and insdicator not working etc), to be getting a huge fine for it.

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
LMAO what kind of dweeb checks that all their lights are working everytime they get in the car.

Me. Got a problem with that?

ParkwayDrv

Slave to the game
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ

i have a quick glance at them from the reflection in my house window to see that there all still working...takes 1 second

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
i have a quick glance at them from the reflection in my house window to see that there all still working...takes 1 second

Well aren't you a dweeb then:rolleyes:

ParkwayDrv

Slave to the game
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ

sik_dose

Hybrids. Cars for fools.
Reaction score
Members Ride
1986 VL Calais Turbo, VZ SV6
i dident know it was cool to have one brake light not working! im going to disconect one right now.

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute

You'd look like more of a dick getting a fine for a blown globe from a copper now wouldn't you? I'd certainly piss myself laughing at you if i saw you getting a fine for a headlight out LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.