Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

NARVA Blue Power headlights = terrible

mazzstein

Yeahhh Karrnntt.
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nitrous 355 Stato
took some pics but the dam resolution is too small lol.
also my headlights are ajusted too low

pic 2 is phillips 4000k normal
pic 3 is phillips 4000k high beams

Attachments

• Phillips Blue Vision.jpg
    Phillips Blue Vision.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 1,441
  • Normal.jpg
    Normal.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 741
  • HighBeam.jpg
    HighBeam.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 700

bj42turbo

Reaction score
Members Ride
1990 VN Executive
I read somewhere (was VK related though....) that the stock relay's are only designed for a certain light ouput....and that installing brighter, or more powerful globes would require the relay to be upgraded...????

On My old 4wd i bascially upgraded the wires to thick wires and installed relays so to get as little voltage loss at the bubs.

Dazz

BANKS

DW I'm a Spray Painter!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ Ute
Personally, I think everyone gets carried away with putting brighter lights in their car, I suppose the auto accessory shops love it at $40 and up for globes when a standard one only costs $8 and will generally last the life of the car.

The standard lights on my vx are great, unless I was doing 140Km/h+ on unmarked roads I couldnt see a need for any more. Compared to lights on cars of 30+ years ago there is no comparison.

Im not sure how lights that boast 80% more output can be used, the standard lamp is close to the maximum legal output that can be used in low beam driving.

Same with bigger brakes and wider tyres I suppose ay? all wank factor...

I'd run search lights as lowbeams if i could, would spot that roo jumping out on the road b4 you...

These images speak for themselves. My car with the standard lowbeam holden bulbs, underneath that is when i replaced then with a 35watt 6000k HID kit

50826d1219233714-banks-vz-ssz-ute-img_7240-800x600-.jpg

50830d1219233714-banks-vz-ssz-ute-img_7248-800x600-.jpg

phillsau

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 vz sv6
i got some Calibre - Extra Vision Blue globes from sca put them in my vz sv6 and found they give a really yellow light worse than standard globes they even looked horrible when driving i,ve drive with opti blue for for years and found they were really good .i managed to track down a pair at all kmart of all places and they are a1 ..atleast sca did the right thing and without hesitation gave me my money back even though they new i had to take them back out of my car as they had been fitted ... good customer service

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
So much fail in this thread no offence to any one in particular. What your looking at is a whiter globe. Globes with blue in it should be kept with the ricers as they do not have the light distance for lack of a better term.

I have always used Phillips +80's since they come out. Wouldn't use anything else. Excellent vision. Even convinced the boss to put them in the work truck and he was extremely impressed as he didnt need to use the spotties as much. Also if the car never came with HID's factory they are illegal and a defect in any state unless extensive retrofitting is undertaken.

axemurderer101

Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VY SS
in my opinion most narva stuff is rubbish especially their spotlights, at my work we mainly just sell and fit the Phillips +50 and +80 globes, and hella or lightforce spotties. gives me the shits when someone brings in a set of narva spotties with some wiring kit to go with it for us to install for them cause the wiring kits are just a pain to fit.

YMY-88U

Reaction score
Members Ride
Project VH SL/E
hey guys regarding headlights/bulbs, ive been there and wasted the money on the rip off brands like narva and phillips, anyway way few years ago thought id try something different to give that icey blue tinge i wanted and i found these on ebay, the dont do all bulbs... like the one on my fog lights in my wh (h27?) but they look awesome and he also chucks in a set of white t10 wedge parkers too, they look **** hot and havent had one blow yet, they have been in our vz ss, vy ss, vy s, and ve gts for 2 years without a dilemma, honestly give em a go

id upload photos but its too much hassle

link might help

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Eclipse-White-Head-Lights-H4-ALL-Honda-Civic-Jazz-CRX_W0QQitemZ380201663637QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAU_Car_Parts_Accessories?hash=item5885c8fc95

Last edited:

marcdon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Evec 05
Have a look at the phillips web site and it tells you what is legal and what isn't. I have also heard the x-treme power are good, 80% more light but not sure how white they are.

X-treme Power

I got these two weeks ago, bought them from the UK for about $40 AUD got H1s and H4s, ABSOLUTELY amazing light output. best lights I'v ever used

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
Oh yeah also don't believe those "gas filled bulbs" that supposedly are as good as HID's as all in all there still only halogen globes.

vp_commo

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exe
I bought some of those fancey
bulbs and they cost about 20 dollars a peice, well **** me if they were not the shitiest ****ing headlight bulbs I ever got.
I went to supercheap today and picked one up fro 5 dollars, it was 3 times as bright.

Rip off city, keep the standards in, less you some kind of crocadile dundee needing big lamps on th3 highway ect...ect

EDIT: Phillips are crap

Dan