Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Need a modded memcal done?

GyolesVRSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 HSV SENATOR
Ok I'll try sum this up as best I can I brought a whole vs spac v8 hsv enhanced ute to do a conversion to msnual on my 96 senator was hoping to use the donor engine as well as it's rebuilt cammed etc but I have since found out its running an 808 ecu (vn vp) and memcal to suit I have sourced a manual ecu and chip from a vs manual v8 (305) I need the tune copied to a vs memcal to suit vats and other **** the vn memcal can't process?

Hope this makes sense now bear in mind the loom is a genuine vs manual loom

I went outta my way to buy this ute for the conversion as it was tidy phat motor etc payed 5000 looking to flip it as an auto the box ecu and loom from senator with standard 304

So super pissed as when I rang the arrogant #### to tell him the ute was all miss matched the reply I got was cry me a ####ing river and hung up

After telling me black and blue it was all genuine

Any help would be muchly appreciated

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Why don't you think it will work?

The VS does not use VATS like the VT onwards. The ECU and BCM are not linked. The only thing will be that it's running a MAP sensor and not a MAF. The key reader on the ignition barrel won't work, but by running the 808 ECU, it just won't have the security built in. It would make it easier to steal though.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
You definitely want to use the VS manual PCM and loom so you can use the functions that are processed through the BCM.

Obviously it will run on the 808 but it's not ideal. Will also stuff with the value of the car if it's not done properly.

The boys on the PCMHack website will be able to sort it for sure. It won't be that difficult to sort.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
I'm pretty sure you can run the 808 memcal in the 305 PCM. It will run fine, just won't have VATS.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Never tried it TBH, however it's not that hard to change the relevant parameters over to the VS tune.