Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Need Advice - Loosing Power

elshonno

Reaction score
Hi,

I was hoping someone might be able to help me out, my VS calais has been recently loosing power in accelaration - slight delay on throttle but the engine does not rev in repsonse to accelarator, so I dont think its my transmission slipping, I suspect it may be something to do with the fuel, I have noticed when it does respond it cuts out intermittenlty for about a second or 2 then kicks back in, other than that it drives fine, this problem has been occurring at all times not just when its cold. Its only been about 2 weeks since this started to happen and the power was fine before. Anyone can you offer advice?

Summer-Sickness

2005 VZ EXEC
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
05 VZ Executive
any idea when ur fuel filter was last changed? id say have a look at that first... if its not ur problem it doesnt matter coz fuel filters can always do with a change. and atleast it counts it out as ur problem... then id say go on to ur fuel line see if there are any twists or kinks anywhere... then prolly fuel pump. not sure tho, just advice on how i would approach this type of situation.

anothervn

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vp calais, gemini
sounds like your car is serging mates falcon was doing this he replaced the fuel filter and it fixed the problem, like vr berlina said it can always do with a change there cheap and if its bloked you can wreck your fuel pump, if that doesnt work have a look at everything fuel related and get a mechanic to test your fuel pressure with a gauge.

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6

DzRBenson

Reaction score
I know it sounds crazy, But have you tried a bottle of Nulon Injector Cleaner? Simple answer but it helped me

elshonno

Reaction score
Fixed it

Turned out it was just a dodgy set of leads. But thnx for the advice as I think it could do with fuel injector clean.