Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Need Help Badddd

hispeedvp

VP SS Ute
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Group A Ute
roller cams just need the intitial run in, should idle the car above 2000rpm varying the idle but going no higher than 3000rpm for 5min or so, then change the oil and your done, helps to use a mineral based oil for the first 5000ks and not beat up on the car to much just to help everything bed in, not like the old solid lifter cams where you'd break a cam lobe if you run it on wrong, a solid lifter cam should be run in for up to 15min, have you ever seen how red pacemakers get after being reved so hard for so long, F*cking red.

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
well ive got the spec sheet on my cam and it has a full page of details for install and run in. specifically outlining that the cam requires a run in period of 100-200k's after installation, then an oil change and your ready to go full throttle.
this is a hydraulic roller by the way.

johnvtls1

Reaction score
Members Ride
E92 BWM 335I
CAR ****ing died againnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
same problemmmm
mechanic seems to think the guy that did my heads put my valve springs on wrong and theres not enough clearence which means the engine has to be stripped again and heads need to be sent back
soooooo cuttttttt right now

AttaBoy

WTF?!?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
Looks like some one don't know what they are doing!!! Make sure you ain't pulling out your wallet again.

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
**** man, thats no good at all hey. did you change your valve spring when the heads where done?? if your only using the stock springs it could be that you getting some valve bounce or something with the bigger lift of the cam and its passing on the force to the weakest link which seems to be the rocker bolts.
something to look into at least.