Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

need help gearbox (auto)

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn ss 355, vl, vr, vs ss
as above

will a vp s2 gearbox (auto) fit a vr s2?

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
It will bolt up fine, but the VR had an electronically controlled box, whereas the VP didn't. To the VR ECU, it will appear as if there is no gearbox there.

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
You might be able to get it to work properly with a new memcal tune. I don't know if you could swap all of the loom and electronics from a VP or not. Other than that, not much.

nem83

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn commodore
use the vp memcal in the vr , have done this myself only recently with my brothers vr commodore. the vp runs hydralic servos and the vr runs electronic. the motors run the same tune but the vr is tuned to run the electronic box.

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
no its doable but difficult youll loose torque convertor lockup and speedo without pulling both boxes to bits.you can run a vn ecu and wiring loom for the engine and then run the vn box but its just as easy to find a vr auto

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn ss 355, vl, vr, vs ss
im only askin beacuse i got a vp here that run's.. but i need the vr runnin so i can get all parts from the vp