Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

""need help"" own a stocko 3800 vp and wanting to really give it some horsepower

The Darkness

Junk Yard Dog
Reaction score
Members Ride
Charged VT V6 A4
ahhk then. well most wreckers have em for bout 600 to 1000 with a warranty. then 1000 to 1500 for a mech to install unless you can do it

boourns

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Commodore
wouldnt they be second hand parts? like old?

The Darkness

Junk Yard Dog
Reaction score
Members Ride
Charged VT V6 A4
yeh. brand new you'd be looking at around 5k i think someone got one for. hard to find tho

boourns

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Commodore
ahh true, well am i better off re furbishing everything ive got in the engine now or buying second hand parts from a wrecker?

The Darkness

Junk Yard Dog
Reaction score
Members Ride
Charged VT V6 A4
same thing really. if you have the cash get a rebuild. if not then a motor from a wreckers should do and you get a warranty at least.

Premwood

Reaction score
ahhk then. well most wreckers have em for bout 600 to 1000 with a warranty. then 1000 to 1500 for a mech to install unless you can do it

$1000-$1500 to install a new engine... dont know where your from, but we get ours done for around the $400 mark!

bundysmurf

USEF!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Ute
yeah was gonna say thats a bit steep for an engine swap......got a spare sitting here for when mine goes pop and i got quoted $300 to get em swapped. Could always look at a CRS style setup, lots of people (myself included) are pretty impressed with the gains achieved for a modest outlay, bearing in mind performace potential is capped by the limitations of the charger.

The Darkness

Junk Yard Dog
Reaction score
Members Ride
Charged VT V6 A4
yeh i know that is steep. thats why i said seeya and walked out:p but there are ppl out there that will charge that much. dont pay more then 500 i reckon

boourns

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Commodore
hi, i have run into a better engine "this one has only done 180 000 ks" and i have been ripping my engine out all day with my mates step dad, will have it in tomorrow. where should i go from there?