Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Need Help with deciding on engine mods VT V6

Scroopy

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 VF2 SSV Redline 6.2L M6
chiptorque will have one on there youtube account when i get the tune done, i only have a iphone so its **** audio, might get some proper photos done this year. next will be some chrome trim around windows and doors and then its either turbo or supercharger time. clutch install next monday i'll be calling the tuner that day to book it in.

Scroopy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Update time, clutch is all done, its actually smooth and soft compaired to the original. the car is running very nice, called up the tuner booked in for next monday it needs to stay over night :(

moggy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr executive
Overnight stay will be to check the cold start? Lachlan really knows his stuff and I think you will be suprised at how much nicer he will make it. He tuned mine too and I am a happy customer.

Scroopy

Reaction score
Members Ride
yea i requested the over night for that reason. cant wait. i'm hoping for 160kw's but i might be disapointed

Scroopy

Reaction score
Members Ride
the car is back home, disappointed with the final dyno results only 143.5kw at the wheels. almost 350nm torque. but its very smooth through the gears and revs. now i need to save for the next mods. thinking supercharger. not sure if chiptorque did a video. i might buy myself a good video camera and make one.

moggy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr executive
Without rereadind the entire thread, it was cam only? If so its not a bad result.

Scroopy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT V6 Manual Cammed - YouTube
well theres your stupid video. i hate it. that was recorded the day after install, its had a final tune, new clutch, 81* thermostat, new 120amp alternator, D35 yellow top optima and i did the big 3 upgrade and engine bay tidy up since then.

GTP 85

291 hp @ the wheels
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY04 WRX, VS SSenator & VS V6 track weapon
the 992a is hardly an aggressive cam mate. sorry to say.

Its not a cam that will give you a lot of top end, more so a bit better bottom and midrange. So i reckon to make that power was very good.

Out of curiosity, how long did they spend tuning it?

greasemonkey24

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vt s pac 3.8
wow!!!! doesnt sound real beefy with all that work.....