Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Need help with VE SV6

Joey434

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
Looking at buying 2008 VE SV6 (manuel). Has done 135000kms. With full service history. No tow ball
Owner put new clutch in at 100000kms and new tyres as well as brake pads. Concerned that putting a clutch at such low kms, i should stear clear of buying.
Is it a high chance if i do buy it. Then along the track will I have problems with the gearbox or diff?

Brettly-2008

Reaction score
Members Ride
SS Commodore - Ford Territory ... both camps
It's a tough one. On the one hand new tires and a replaced clutch could mean obvious thrashing but it would be rare for a 2008. What are the sellers like? Any perceived dodgeynes? Then again it could simply be a bad clutch being replaced and/or an issue relating way back in the car's life. Hard to know but are there any other signs of wear, ie noisey diff, trans?

Joey434

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
Thanks for the reply, yeah well only the usual paint chipping around rear wheel on the panels but yeah and the fact only a young bloke. So i'' only assuming that it's been thrashed.
As for the obvious noises none what so ever. Ran smooth, ran it at 80 kms on and off accelartor to see if there were but none that i was aware of and as for the gears. They all went through smoothly.
Not sure how to approach it tbh