Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Need Ideas On What To DO To My VY SPAC

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
Honestly? , get rid of the tints on the tail lights , and that's it , oh hang on , no that's it .

phillyG

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY s2 Spac 3.8 n/a
I swear to god if people start posting "what should I do to my car to make it fully hectic broooo" threads then im done. This isnt the gmh vy-vz facebook group.

VRStato64

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS II 6 speed
Id like to contribute with a non troll response.

Swap the tail and head lights for VY SS lights which is pretty dam cheap. If you sold your aftermarket tail taillights and get both, you could also try VZ SS taillights which would look awesome.
Fog lights could also look good, it really finishes off the front.

My advice is dont black everything out in sight lol, Black looks blackest when put with something bright/light it creates contrast. So id go about adding some lighter touches maybe a touch of chrome, like calais window surrounds. NOT black rims, light silver works great.

Performance, Id do brakes. Either upgrade the rotors to something like DBA T2 street series which look awesome (im about todo it to my SS) or getting some second hand HSV ones. But given its a v6 new rotors and good pads will be more than enough. AND since the brakes are coming off you can paint the calipers to add some colour!

VYBRO

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SPAC
thanks for a real answer.

ive been looking at the chrome window surrounds for ages just trying to find someone wrecking a berlina.
and chasing a new front bar as mines held together with like 15 cable ties.

HERONVY

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY2 SS
thanks for a real answer.

ive been looking at the chrome window surrounds for ages just trying to find someone wrecking a berlina.
and chasing a new front bar as mines held together with like 15 cable ties.

Get Calais ones, they look way nicer and are thicker than the berlina ones
My advice for the car is ss lights f+r, lower a touch more, fit those ssv wheels, fix that front bar and add some foggies then give the whole car a paint correction

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk

MUSone

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV Y Senator
What I would do,
*Put the standard exhaust back on because V6s sound gay (my opinion) just put a SS exhaust tip on.
*VZ SS Tail Lamps
*VY SS Head Lamps
*VY SS Fog Lights
*VY Calais HBD Lip Spoiler
*Paint the SSV Rims bright silver, looks nice!
*Debadge the gaurd v6 and S badge on the rear.
NO CHEV BADGES!

That would look nice! I think anyway lol.

mr calais 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s 2003
Silver or chrome wheels and ultra low springs in the rear and leave the sl fronts.. But the rear spoiler back on too.. Too much black on cars looks crap IMO

wortus

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Series 2 25th Anniversary in Phantom Mica
How about something different? Put the spoiler and the badges back. Get the cats fixed. I woudlnot be advertising that I had them gutted on the net especially with my rego number for all to see as i understand it it is ilegal and unroadworthy if they do not work.

nickkjay

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
Get VZ SS tail lights, you wont regret it, changes the look of the car so much. Dont put the spoiler back on in my opinion, looks cleaner without it.

Change those headlights aswell, pickup a set of VY SS Lights.

thatbrynguy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY Commodore SS 5.7L M6
My honest opinion:

1. Fix the cats before anything else. It's illegal, and pointless on your vehicle. Cats are restrictive but not too the extent that they'll make any difference to an Ecotec motor.

2. Keep SS gear off your car. It just comes off looking like your trying to dress your car up as something it's not. I would suggest aftermarket styles of headlights, there are some neat DRL ones out there. I'm not a fan of them myself but at least they're not trying to be SS gear.

3. Definitely add some window strips or anything that's not black. Needs contrast. Nice wheels in a very bright silver (almost white) look great against the black body work.

4. Badges on or off. But at least leave the Holden lions on.

5. Fog lights do help the appearance of the front end. And believe or not, they're good for driving in fog!

6. I wouldn't spend money on performance parts. It's not a performance engine in the first place unless you're prepared to spend a lot of money turning it into one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk