Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Need opinion on replacement clocksping

jason_85

Reaction score
Members Ride
02 Vy SS and 99 Vt SS
yeah digital speedo on the lcd screen... comes on as soon as the car is started... instead of playing with the mode unit..

Promotec

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE Commodore International Dual Fuel LPG / UL
I went to a local auto electrician today (Upper Coomera auto electrical) and had him reset the airbag code
he charged $33 which was great compared with others i contacted, now the airbag code stays off.
A great outcome, the clock spring wasnt hard to replace, the price for a second hand one wasnt to bad ($65 )
Now I dont have to put up with the airbag light on the dash and that annoying chime every time the car starts
best of all this now wont interfere with gatting a safety cert for selling the car.

The clock spring tutorial on this site was a great help thanks for everyones input and assistance :)

Kind regards Chris

Heath

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SENATOR
Goodluck with it,

I replaced my Clockspring the other day as the horn wouldn't work and the airbag light was on. The horn is now working but the airbag light is still on, even after i tried to have it reset. All codes were cleared and showing no faults but light is still on, so i am pretty well stuck on what to do next

I currently have the same issue.
Have the SRS light but reading no codes.

Have replaced clockspring and checked most other common issues with no luck.
Did anyone have any further success with this problem??

Thanks

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
There are a number of potential issues with the SDM (Sensing & Diagnostic Module) which don't set an error code. The airbag in my VX GTS would go off a few seconds after the ignition key was turned but would then come back on for 5-10 minutes after which it would turn off until the next ignition cycle. No codes were set. Solution was to replace the SDM (have to make sure you get the correct model for your car).