Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Need pro help with SV6 exhaust....

Cazzo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
hmm true, i thought about just the redback reat bolt ons. and true the pacies will be probs better combination than a $900 cat back

I have a really bad feeling that the pacies will be P plate illegal. all this P plate bullshit is hard to understand but im sure a pig wont see pacies??

Jarp

Surely You Jest
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV A6 W375
Well the extractors will be very obvious if someone checks under the bonnet so no if you on your P's and engine mods are not allowed then that is the risk you take. It may also need a tune with the extractors if the O2 sensors error. I had no issues with mine but I've read others have. Not sure what model SV6 you have? If you are at all worried about your P plate restrictions and subsequent potential insurance issues then it may well be better to hold off a bit longer on any mods, save up some more cash, do some more research and then mod when you get your full license.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
there is a sticky about this stupid topic and if you think than an exhaust will help propel your car into cosmos then you have rocks in your head....

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
also..if you don't even know what resonator is then you should do some forum search...google search prior to asking dumb questions

even better ... stick to push-bike or a scooter or some other ****

HEKYEH

Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged 2010 VE SS-V
Also, this exhaust says its a 2 1/4" system... should i be looking for a 2.25 or will this be just as good??

2 1/4" IS 2.25........

Holy farrrrk me!!!

*facepalm*

HEKYEH

Reaction score
Members Ride
Well the extractors will be very obvious if someone checks under the bonnet so no if you on your P's and engine mods are not allowed then that is the risk you take. It may also need a tune with the extractors if the O2 sensors error. I had no issues with mine but I've read others have. Not sure what model SV6 you have? If you are at all worried about your P plate restrictions and subsequent potential insurance issues then it may well be better to hold off a bit longer on any mods, save up some more cash, do some more research and then mod when you get your full license.

Yep, what he said.

If I was you, I would save your money....

Cazzo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
Thanks for the negative support from some of you...

i thought if i ask stupid questions i look stupid, but if i dont i stay stupid. thanks for your useless comments Xonar, i fight haters like you. Good work

I am saving money until i finish this stupid P system to fully upgrade my car, or hopefully move on to a proper V8. but thats a 4 year wait. i prefer have something that will give me a nicer note for that time, and get things like rims that i can pass on to my V8 and reuse.

The stock system doesnt sound that bad, and a catback will give me more attention, so maybe Redback bolt on rear mufflers will give a little better note without bogan VN roaring for the pigs to notice

Pickled

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
Thanks for the negative support from some of you...

i thought if i ask stupid questions i look stupid, but if i dont i stay stupid. thanks for your useless comments Xonar, i fight haters like you. Good work

I am saving money until i finish this stupid P system to fully upgrade my car, or hopefully move on to a proper V8. but thats a 4 year wait. i prefer have something that will give me a nicer note for that time, and get things like rims that i can pass on to my V8 and reuse.

The stock system doesnt sound that bad, and a catback will give me more attention, so maybe Redback bolt on rear mufflers will give a little better note without bogan VN roaring for the pigs to notice

Mate if you want to put on an exhaust then just do it, to be honest if I had an SV6 I would probably go a dual 2.5" cat-back, you're always going to have cop trouble on your Ps but with that being said I don't even get a glance from the police as I think they tend to keep their eyes open for older, un-roadworthy cars.

Cazzo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
I agree with you, a P plater driving a clean SV6 compared to a VN with cut springs.. Ive driven next to many cops, even with removed rear wing, SSV tail lights and pumping bass and they dont care.

My only worry was, if there is that 1 pig who does pull me over and see i have this, i want to know what the penalty could be. because without my car i cant get anything work, Tafe etc

thats why im thinking the redback boltons will be a better note, without the excessive loudness. i would go 2.25 cat back but its the risk i dont wanna take with my licence bro

My mate, on P plates has a Omega with a HSV exhaust, sounds good,black custom rims ssv tail lights and has no trouble. so i might just go for the redback boltons for now and maybe the catback when im on green P's or finish licence.

But im not sure if the Bolt ons are even going to be worth it, will they sound ok? is there gonna be **** drone etc etc, thats why i came here to ask. But im thinking now on getting a HSV or SS v8 exhaust, atleast i can say its Genuine holden, and it was on the car when i got it.

What do you think???, thanks bro

HEKYEH

Reaction score
Members Ride
Get an after market 2.25" or 2.5" cat back. Put it on. If u don't like it i.e. too loud or too much drone - take it off. Sell it. If u get pulled over by the cops, I think it would have to be for doing something retarded, so u probably deserve to be done for any illegal modifications.

I have a supercharged V8 putting out around 350-370rwkw...my exhaust is loud as fark. But I don't drive like a wanker on the road, so police don't stop me. Even been through booze buses and no problems. Even had comments like "Mate, love your car!".