Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[QLD] Need recoding

Wilson1989

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Commodore 2001 by/vx
Hi I'm not completely sure if my father is correct but I am looking to get my Holden Commodore 2001 recoded (BCM,ecu,key thing) basically everything to get all the computers to talk because it just won't start my father has been down to Holden dealership and they also said it all needs to be recoded or something and my father spoke to a friend of his that lives over here in qld that had his car fixed by recoding and gave my dad this website because that's where he went through I was wondering if there is a place over here in Brisbane area that can do home visits I guess and recode it all so it can work I have not been able to start it for months now and it really is annoying. Holden has informed us that it just needs to be recoded as one I just need a auto electrician to do it

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
unless you have replaced a computer
it should all still be linked

Wilson1989

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Commodore 2001 by/vx
unless you have replaced a computer
it should all still be linked
I've replaced the BCM and I've had one of my dad's mates take a look and he says it's like the computers ain't communicating with each other and Holden said it might need to be recoded or get all the parts from another car but out of the same car but it's hard to find a 2001 model with all the parts I need I've even had my auto electrician look at it months ago and he said the same thing but I lost his details. So I just don't know

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
I've replaced the BCM and I've had one of my dad's mates take a look and he says it's like the computers ain't communicating with each other and Holden said it might need to be recoded or get all the parts from another car but out of the same car but it's hard to find a 2001 model with all the parts I need I've even had my auto electrician look at it months ago and he said the same thing but I lost his details. So I just don't know
The BCM has to be VIN matched to the other modules.