Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Need suggestions on brake rotor replacement

Waabs

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS A4
I got the DBA slotted and grooved fronts with the Bendix Advance pads on. I can say there has been a definite increase in braking performance. With the standard brakes when I was in traffic and left my stop a little late I could really feel the weight of the car. Now that's not as bad.

It's a little bit hard to describe. If you're after a little bit better brakes these are the go. If you're after mind bending, neck snapping braking performance you'll have to look somewhere else.

oztech007

Reaction score
Members Ride
15 VE SSV 6.0t V8 A6 SEDAN
Tips for Minimizing Brake Shuddering/Pulsating.

Some tips for minimizing Brake Shuddering / Pulsating etc are:

1. Always Torque the Wheel nuts exactly the same using a Torque Wrench. Usually between 100-120Nm. Its worth buying a $30-40 torque wrench to do this. If nuts are not done up to exact torques, the wheel and rotor can sit unevenly and then over time, warp and cause brake shudder.
* If you get new tyres or have any work done on the car that requires the wheels to be removed, always recheck the Torques on the wheel nuts yourself as quick as possible.

2. Use Slotted Disc Rotors on Front. (Not really necessary on Rear but can if want). DBA Prefered. Cross Drilled not recommended.

3. Never Hose the wheels of your car just after you have driven it. Water can hit the rotors and cause a warpage as well.

4. From my experiences, machining rotors is a waste of time. Everytime I have done so, about 2 weeks later the shudder comes back. Just buy new ones. They aint much these days.

Hopefully these pointers can help reduce rotor shudder and make life easier for all.