Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Need tips for fitting 19s to a VH

VHRickster

Reaction score
Members Ride
5lt VH
let us know how you go....post up some pics too.....so we can laugh at it

VK SL 3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL 5spd
did i name this thread "Tell me about your opinions on having 19s?"... no. If you cant give me tips on how to put them on, please dont comment.

Woahhhhh, im sensing some negative vibes here lol. just chill, someone will tell you exactly what you want to know, dont get upset if we tell you its a bad idea, most people are speaking out of experience. And IMO you will find that larger rims look silly as they make the brakes look tiny especially with drums, the tyres cost a fortune and they ride rough as guts as the suspension is designed for use with dirty big 14" or 15" radials.

DANNY8

Yo Coooornflake!
Reaction score
Website
www.kerrbrosracing.com
Members Ride
VK WAGZ 5.0L, GQ Patrol TD42
Well I'm the opposite. For me it's either stock wheels, tuff 15's (like convo's or similar), or go big. Most 14"-17" mags I rekon look crap on any Commodore unless they are stock mags for that era of car. Ya see a Commodore with 17's on it, and it looks just like the majority of every other Commodore on the road, doesn't really stand out at all. I see a clean VB-VK with stock 14's and it gets my attention more then the same car with 17's lol.

We had 20's on my VK wagz, and that's without rolling the gaurds, no adjustable panhard rod and with lows all round. Rear end scrubbed a little bit over big bumps, but overall not bad. Also had 225's, anything wider and we'd prolly run into more problems. Did have to cut, lift and reweld the spring seats in the front to clear the tyres tho, only needed to be lifted a few mm. The 19's I had on b4 the 20's scrubbed a tiny bit with crap tyres, so will prolly have to lift the spring seat still, or cut a recess into the spring seat.

LS1 James

Donates His Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT II GEN3 V8 Wagz
persistent-fail.jpg

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
2s1m5on.jpg

Hanky420

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH Commodore
let us know how you go....post up some pics too.....so we can laugh at it

These 3 will hopefully give u a laugh before you see mine... after all 19s look soooo bad.

Attachments

• sle2%20012%20-%20Copy.jpg
    sle2%20012%20-%20Copy.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 4,571
  • 11383345.jpg
    11383345.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 1,646
  • newwheels%20007.jpg
    newwheels%20007.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 3,590

machone

Reaction score
Members Ride
VHSLE/VXSS/VXEXEC
personally i wouldnt go any more than 18s i agree with most the old commodores dont look good with wagon wheels remember the vb vc vh vk vl are all smaller than the rest of the later models....but its a personal choice but you want the stance of the vehicle to look right lowering the car then throwing 19 or 20s on raises it back up again and the brakes look so small the ride is crap even if you put lowered shocks on example my SLE has 15" standard and its lowered it handled really the ride was still comfortable then i had 16" clubsports on it handled still well not much difference in ride comfort now its got 17s its ride is hard still handles well but it takes a toll on the suspension when it was a daily drive but now im thinking of putting 18s on because its only seeing daylight now and then not everyday but if you go ahead with 19s it depends mainly on the offset of the wheels but you might have to roll the guards.