Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Need to buy a spray gun

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
meh, the supercheap auto gravity fed gunds are fine. takes a bit more work to get paint to come out right, but they do the job. that devilbliss gun arcamody linked is insanely good vlaue. that gun does most of the work for you. its a pleasure using it.

wouldnt know about suction guns, never used one.

sweefu

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina V6 / R31 Skyline
Thanks for the reply ari. I'm getting this gun New Detail Paint Spray Gravity Feed Gun .. Like I said before, if this gun is so rubbish you can't use it, doesn't really matter, I'll probably end up hurting the front / rear bars again anyway haha. But with a bit of luck it will come out better than the faded grey it was before.

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
mate, you cant really go wrong for 30 bucks ;)

i have posted these before quite a few times, but these are done with a supercheap auto 1.4mm gravity gun:
100_2033.jpg

100_2035.jpg

Image073-1.jpg

sweefu

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina V6 / R31 Skyline
Man that's way too good, if you can do that the supercheap gravity gun (which seems pretty similar to the one i'll buy) then i'm more than happy.

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Thanks for the reply ari. I'm getting this gun New Detail Paint Spray Gravity Feed Gun .. Like I said before, if this gun is so rubbish you can't use it, doesn't really matter, I'll probably end up hurting the front / rear bars again anyway haha. But with a bit of luck it will come out better than the faded grey it was before.

Watch out with that gun, it uses 390l/min, which is 13.4cu.ft/min, thats a pretty beasty compressor to drive it.

Last edited:

jeza101

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina

I have also been looking for a cheap HVLP and found this gun. How does it spray? Do all the adjustments work well etc? Does it come with a 1.4mm needle/tip?
I couldn't justify spending heaps on a spray gun when it is possible to get a pretty good finish from a cheap HVLP gun.

Pretty much is it just cheap crap or is it good quality for the money?

Thanks, Jeza

DAKSTER

Beam me up Scotty!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
HVLP needs lots of air. Dont do it unless you want to buy a top notch compressor.

You've said you just want a basic gun and you arent after a fantastic job so why spend a lot of money?

The spray guns in the SCA $50 airtool multipacks are a waste of time, dont buy one of those kits.

I use the cheapest suction feed gun they have thats not in a kit - it was about $60, sprayed ok pretty much straight out of the box.. had diagrams of what each knob does and how to adjust them even just in case you havent used a gun before. I am using that to apply a quality pearl paint job on my car. The compressor is a crappy little 20L SCA one too, but trust me my paint is turning out rather well :)

Sure a more expensive gun makes life easier and will do a better job, but for your purposes do you really want to spend a lot of cash? You can get a perfect job with a brush if you want to do enough sanding.. the cheap stuff will be fine for what you need.

Tom_1569

Ecotech Power
Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 SR5 Pusslux
I have one of these:
WTD Pro Gravity Spray Gun with fan adjust.

I cant fault it, I can get a good finish with it and Im **** #### at spraying. My brother can get a really nice finish using it, and hes slightly better then me at spraying (hes done it twice haha).

LordMayhem

Here For A Good Time!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais
so what sized nozzle does everyone use to spray a standard grade metallic acrylic paint?