Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Need to help a friend, any thoughts on this issue?

Drewie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS (Original owner).
Got this email from a friend of mine today, I have cut and pasted his email below, any one got any thoughts on this?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

G’day Ron,

I am stuffed if I know…I am getting the old VR wagon I have at Mt Evelyn going, as we need to get out of the rental in a couple of weeks, and there is a bloody strange water leak.

It is on the left hand side, the the back of the engine…but…the water is coming out of a hole in the main chassis…if you know what I mean…there is a bit also around the lip of the transmission case…
I have looked above…and cannot see any wet spots or dripping…it is pretty substantial…and it is water…it has the green coolant in it…and the radiator is going down…my first thought was a welsh plug…but doesn’t appear to be…not ruling it out though….heater hoses go into firewall on right side…buggered if I know…any clues…crawling under car with a crap light doesn’t help.

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
Inlet manifold gasket?

Tom_1569

Ecotech Power
Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 SR5 Pusslux
Buy a better light?

Cheap6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec
Heater core, leaking out of the A/C drain tube/hole in the floor above the trans.?

Vee-ard

QuickVR95II 2010 Survivor
Reaction score
Members Ride
Foam Tuned VR 5.0l Ute
very unlikely to be welsh plug, it would either have to have been frozen, or corroded to the shithouse.

Cracka

Banned :P
Reaction score
Members Ride
Old Sneakers
if it is comming out of the chassis it is the heater core or related pipework, simple quick fix is to bypass the heater tap.

E.G remove the tap join the two pipes into a loop. you will end up needing a new tap then too as they tend to break when you remove them.