Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Need to identify this part making ticking sound Ve 3.6L 2006 berlina

Jackv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 SS-V II
Hi would anyone know what this part is? its making a ticking sound that comes and goes its got Bosch 12593061 on it so i searched but couldn't find a part, i have attached a picture its connected to the manifold. Any info would be appreciated.

Attachments

• ve.jpg
    ve.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 271

Alex05

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve sv6
Hey mate. It's the evap valve solenoid. Connects the charchol canister to the intake. It about $80 from Holden.
If you unplug the solenoid and blow against the direction of flow you should not have any flow. If you do it's your problem.
I your having idle or running issues check the plastic pipe for cracks. It's starts driver side throttle body (90 degree rubber connector) under the intake manifold to the valve

Jackv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 SS-V II
It's not running Ruff or bad idle I was just thinking the on and off ticking noise didn't seem normal but the mechanic that had my
Car today that found my cracked flex drive plate reckons that's solinoid is normal if it does that

Alex05

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve sv6
My solenoid started loudly ticking after I did a power steering flush. I could hear it with bonnet down standing at drivers door. I changed mine and it doesn't tick now. Try removing it and blowing against the flow. It shouldn't flow any air.

I didn't have running or idle problems. Didn't use more fuel etc. just the ticking pissed
Me off

Jackv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 SS-V II
Yeah might just replace it cause it does give Ya the shits!! I'll give it a try when I get the car back on Wednesday :/ cheers Alex05