Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[VIC] Needing my VT repaired, What are these parts?

guerilla_radio07

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
Ok so one of the issues I was having before I took the car into the mechaic to have the work done was when braking the steering would wobble/shake. I drove the car yesterday and it didnt do this for me. I just spoke with my girl friend as she had the car today for work and said to me that it is doing this again. Now it has brand new discs and pads should it still be doing this? or could something else be causing this?

Here is a copy of the recept I got from the mechanic aswell. Pretty angry at this point.

fton6a.png

$925 all up

Taking the car for a drive to test out the brakes.

Last edited:

guerilla_radio07

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
Took the car for a drive and this seems fine its a little shacky but nothing like it used to be, one more thing I forgot to add was that where my gears are (as this is an auto) the light has gone out I looked into taking off the plastic side that is kinda below the gears but it seems I may need to take off the whole dash just to get to this to change the bulb?

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
Try getting the front wheels balanced to see if that gets rid of the wobble.

nemesis_adrasteia

better to reign in hell
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR commodore HSV(without all the gay ****)
While some of you nice people are talking about the issus my old beast is having I thought I might ask if any of you may know a fix for these ones or what might be causing them. These are the ones that I have oticed but I dont think are dangerous just annoying.

1. The electric windows are very slow, they used to be quite fast but now they are slow.
2. The heater/aircon doesnt work, im not sure if its the climate control but my friend who is a mechanic and used to have a VT the same as mine said it was the clutch in the system (the aircon/heater system) but I moved to melbourne (Hoppers crossing) before he had a chance to fix it for me as it required a special tool??
3. My headlights in the dark seem VERY dull, I get out and look at them head on and they seem fine but when your driving they dont seem to be very birght and I cant see very well with them I have pretty good vision, as I work with a pretty high end computer company they have our eyes tested every 6 months and I know I am red/green color blind which I dont think would have an issue driving in the dark, but my girl friend she has the same problem when driving it, is it worth buyin bulbs that are brighter? One of the headlight covers have gone yellow and yuck but I dont think that would make much of a difference?
4. Now this one is just confusing as, my horn sounds.....sick lol. It sounds like it has a cold and just yuck I have no idea what the horn looks like in the car and not sure if something might be stuck in there as in Wagga wagga where I used to live there are alot of locust problems and I had t buy a cover for my car so they didnt ruin my radiator and one might of hurt the horn? I'm not sure but its weird and it didnt seem to gradually get that way it just was sick.

There is probably more but I cant think of any at this time.

1. your window seals are probably old try using some silicone spray in the seals then wind them up and down a couple of times
2. your heater AND aircon dont work? which part? the temperature or the fan?
3.you headlights may be faded this can cause your lights to be quite a bit more dull then normal OR the bulbs may have been replaced with the wrong type.
4. my best guess is that you have water or something in the horn.

guerilla_radio07

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
Its the temp, the fan works just fine. When I bought the car it had just been re-gased and doesnt leak.
The light covers seem fine, a little bit yellow but seem fine. May just need new bulbs.
With the horn I will look at this when it stops raining is it easy to find the horn? And can I just remove the horn to tip out any water or to check inside of it and put it back or is it once there is water or anything else in there its wrecked and I need a new one?

guerilla_radio07

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
This prob prob the dumbest question and I do apologize and apprecaite anyone who is helping me out, I just changed my wiper blades as the old ones were just making the window smudgey and couldnt see out of them, now I put new ones on and it is doing the same thing not quite as bad but still hard to see out of. Have I put them on back the front or something? lol

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
The horn is on the drivers side under the front bar . Mine sounds a bit "girly " too . You can buy aftermarket ones from most auto shops or try the wreckers .

guerilla_radio07

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
Mine doesnt sound girly it seriously sounds like it has a cold lol, i might record it on my phone tomorrow and post a video up.

nemesis_adrasteia

better to reign in hell
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR commodore HSV(without all the gay ****)
so your heater and aircon dont work or just the aircon?

not sure exactly where the horn is located but it will be in behind the front bumper somewhere at a guess ive never pulled one out. you may need to replace it, id check it out for any wiring faults and see if its full of water if it is tip it out and see if it works properly

guerilla_radio07

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
The heater/aircon blow air, the heater feels luke warm if even that (prob just cause its the heat from the engine, the aircon is blowing air just air not warm or cold.

Will check the horn in the morning lol, with the horn am I able to just simply unplug it without any issues?