Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Neon Dreams -- Commy's n Neons

Do You Like Commodores with Neons (eg, mine)

• Total voters

DARGAN

Reaction score
Members Ride
98 VT Commodore
If i got a dash / fascia with a fog light button hole, could i hook them up to that, because i dont have fog lights.

sixshooter

Reaction score
Members Ride
2x VS
Neons are as gay as Elton John...!

Christina

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Almost genuine VT "S" + VZ "SS" Red Ute + Vk V8
i love neons, when i pay rego and save up i wanna get some

CommodoreChick

Resident Female Bevan
Reaction score
Members Ride
1985 VK
You know it's a sadsad world when people are decorating Holdens with neons....... I wish I lived in the 70s, hot cars and no rice
Sixshooter: nicely put, lol

Jesterarts: I want to ask you a question in all seriousness... (I'm not going to turn this into a personal attack because I respect that you put up a post opening yourself up criticism) I would just like to know why you put the neons on? Was it just for looks? I'm interested to know

Cheers
Tara

padrickz88

Rick =]
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VN V6, nothing special
I agree with STOKED and by the looks of his little pic. seriously that looks hot and i never thought of that before and now i am seriously thinking of doing it..
When it comes to places to put neons on commies i personally luv them in 3 places
1. Above driver and passenger feet...
2. Boot if done right...
3. And engine bay like stoked..

BUT if Jesterarts likes his car with neons outside well i encourage him to go for it because its his car. and it shows his personality and what he likes and we all have preferences and im not going to do to my car what other people like, im going to do what i want and im sure Jesterarts feels the same.. anyways have fun:D

feg

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S S/C
I like the fact that the community does differnet things, so I guess that is im not opposed to them...

Way to sit on the fence!

I have to admit though If I see someone driving around with them on I would have a quite chuckle to my self.

Each to their own though.:thumbsup:

beeks

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
XR6 5sp MKII + DR 600S
Done to the that extent,yes a complete laughing stock.

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
You know it's a sadsad world when people are decorating Holdens with neons....... I wish I lived in the 70s, hot cars and no rice
Sixshooter: nicely put, lol

Jesterarts: I want to ask you a question in all seriousness... (I'm not going to turn this into a personal attack because I respect that you put up a post opening yourself up criticism) I would just like to know why you put the neons on? Was it just for looks? I'm interested to know

Cheers
Tara

Nah nah i understand, i get asked that alot.
I put them on because i've wanted to even before i got my car. THe reason is that i was a street commodore that featured a DJ's silver VX S pack (Auto, yuck!) and he had some green neons under there.
I saw that and through that it could look cool on a car that was dumped even more.
So ever since i got my car, i've been playin with the idea but on my 21st one of my close mates had gotten em fro me as a present.
Plus its something different that you don't see too often and the really funny thing is, soon as ur crusin round with neons everyone else out there who has them turns their on around u...
I've seen HQ's utes, Monaro's, Heaps of commodores mainly VN's, and even once a landcruiser with them.

At the end of the day some people like em, some don't but it acheives the same result..... people checkin out my car... :p

CHeers, :p

Patrio7

3Y3 K4N 5P33K 1337.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 S1 VS Exec
personally i think if one is to do them, then thats fine, i think its the people with stupid setups or overdoing it that ruin it for everyone else.

imean i've seen a while corolla that had nothing done to it except neons, people like that cheapen them.

but tastefully done i think they can look great

example, if i were to put them on mine, i would wait till i got some better rims, my car's body smoothed out, fix my rear bumper and had a s-pac skirt kit fitted first, then i would go a white neon to match my cars colour.
but even then it would look silly due to my bullbar lol but i refuse to remove it.