Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

new angel eye altezza headlights

Denno

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore Lumina
The angel eyes on in those two photo's? They don't look like they are, but I can see the parker globe on, so they should be... Unless they cut out when the headlights are turned on?

Denno

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore Lumina
that's the problem, don't take out the parker globes. This is the problem I had with them. I couldn't put LED globes in, nor could you use it with no parker. You need the halogen globe in there. I wanted it out because the colours didn't match. You can short circuit the parker globes, by putting a bit of wire between the connectors, but having it stay there could be tricky.
Do the angel eyes not work even when you have a parker globe in there? Have you connected the extra ground wire that comes out of the back on the lights? If no and then yes, your lights are faulty and you need to send em back.

phatvtcom

Reaction score
Members Ride
'99 VT
Yea i've grounded it and have the original parkers in.. Just curious to know, where did you ground your wire? If its not faulty then it might be a problem with wiring or my fuse relay caz ive had problems in the past with my high beams going on with only low on and blowing fuses etc, f**kin giving me the shits!

Denno

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore Lumina
I'm going to be buying the normal altezza headlights, and after playing around with my old stockies on taking them apart, probably put angel eyes in and Audi LED strips myself. But I've first gotta make sure I can take the headlight assembly apart and put it back together and keep the same tight seal.

The altezza's with the angel eyes already are a little bit of a rip, plus they don't operate how they should.
My Opinion after having them and sending them back.

Sheany

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S SuperCharged
You can't just short out the parker globe to enable the angel eye only, you'll burn something out doing that. Not a good idea. It is however possible to get led parkers to work with the angel eye's.

Denno

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore Lumina
It's not possible to get the angel eyes to work with the LED parkers. Unless you have a trick? You can't just slap in LED T10 globes, because the angels will not work. I have tried...

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
if theres 12V power there theres no reason y the LED wont work.

Denno

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore Lumina
if theres 12V power there theres no reason y the LED wont work.

They were my thoughts exactly, but the angel eye in the lights I got would never work when I put my LED parkers in. Now I did have defective lights which were recalled by the manufacturer, so maybe they've fixed this problem? However, when they were re-released, I asked a retailer if they could tell me if LED parkers would work in conjunction with the angel eye, and they were't willing to say that they would, so leave's me with little confidence..

The only thing that I could think of was a lack a current being drawn by the LEDs in comparison to the halogen lights... But really I don't see that being a problem..